🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Down at the beach, guy walks up to me and says his fiancé lost her ring. Ok where did you lose it? Somewhere between the parking lot and the entire stretch of beach. Ok I said, if I find it I'll let you know. The guy walks off, doesn't give me his number, nothing. Doesn't matter as I'll never find it.
45 min later a pretty little Chinese girl walks up to me and says I had spoken to her fiancé about a lost ring and that she wanted to give me her phone number in case I found it. Smart girl. She explains to me that the ring had belonged to his grandmother and that it meant a lot to both of them. Ok no problem, took her number and she walks off alongside her mom.
At that point I get a phone call, shut off my machine and have a conversation with my brother. Convo over I turn on my machine and take a diff line. She's about 75 yards ahead of me at that point when I get a screaming 12-05 on the CTX. I said no way. Half a scoop deep was her ring. I whistled but she couldn't hear me so I shouted "Hey lady" and she turned around. I held my fist in the air and she understood. Everyone on the beach is now looking. She comes running over and I place the ring in her hand. Guys, the next 20 min was filled with total anarchy. This girl FREAKED. It's probably one of the best feelings I've ever felt. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
image.jpeg

gobble-gobble

Sep 7, 2012
North Port , Florida
Detector(s) used
own, excal 1000, excal. II , explorer II, Fisher CZ21, Vibra-Tector

Sold-BHID (2), DetecorPro-PI, Fisher CZ 2o, Fisher1280, Sovereign & many other minelabs & whites detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giving back is always the way to go, CONGRATS. GOOD FOR YOU. We're only here once & you did well my friend.
Moses or Jones?

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice recovery.

I've had a few instances of people asking me to look for just lost jewelry, 1 guy lost his wedding band while tossing a football in the water, I searched the area for half an hour and didn't find it. Guy seemed to have lost interest, I went out of my way over to him and asked of he wanted to exchange contact info in case I found it, he said Naaaw thats ok thanks.
2 weeks later I found it, was alot shallower than he ever thought, must have flew off his finger and traveled a good 15 ft towards shore. No way to track him down, so its mine. same thing with a lady who lost her wedding band, couldn't find it then while she was there but found it the next week. Even posted on craigslist lost and found on the off chance she would see it, only replies I got were people looking for a free gold ring.

Did return one, hottie in a bikini walks up and asks of that was a metal detector. Of course I felt like saying noooo, its a weed whacker but I said yep, it is.
She said I just lost my ring you think you can find it ? I said you know where abouts, she said right by my towel. First swing I took was a screamer, I scooped it out and said, is this it ?

She was overjoyed, I got a nice oily hug out of the deal.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the same thing happened to me a college kid walked up and said he lost his gold necklace with frat pendant. I told him I would be glad to look for it and to leave me his number. Well for four months I have been over that whole football field in the 100+ heat 3 or 4 times and I have yet to find it. I threw his number away 2 months ago and I have named it "Go for the Gold!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Karma... you won't ever forget this one!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good ending for her, you can see by the BIG Smile on her face !!!!! Cool Return :thumbsup:

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very good ending for her, you can see by the BIG Smile on her face !!!!! Cool Return :thumbsup:
Her face was all blotchy and her eyes all swollen. She couldn't stop crying. That ring really meant a lot to her.

Soflhunter

Sep 15, 2015
SoFl
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 ~ CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Her face was all blotchy and her eyes all swollen. She couldn't stop crying. That ring really meant a lot to her.

Just picked up my CTX and took it to the beach today to check out the functionality of the machine. Having switched from the Excal it is a much different machine. I'm there about a hour and a woman walked up my me about a gold ring she lost and it was given to here by a dead relative.

Well I am headed back in the morning to see if a can find it. Had to share seemed almost like a similar story. Maybe I will have the same outcome.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, one in a million hit for SURE! :notworthy::skullflag:

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome deed, Honorable mention for sure. :notworthy:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Really enjoyed reading your story. There is nothing better than finding a ring or other item and returning it to the owner. It's especially nice when it is a family heirloom or something really sentimental. This is the greatest hobby anyone could ask for. Congrats on the great return!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread