Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a bit this morning before work, hit a farmhouse from the 1800's . Today I did the field behind the house and found this 10 k gold Portland High School class of 1957 ladies ring. It has initials engraved in it and after a bit of research and a quick phone call to Florida I confirmed the owner. She lost it 50 years ago and to make it even sweeter about finding the owner of the ring.....she is also my wifes aunt, needless to say she was thrilled it was found, it is going in the mail to her today....

Attachments

• PHS 1957.jpg
    PHS 1957.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 777
  • PHS57.jpg
    PHS57.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 771
  • PHS3.jpg
    PHS3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 779

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Very Cool! Way to go on the return!

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
A very cool ending and a very cool find. I would say the odds of that happening are about like winning the lottery!
Congrats
~Nash~

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Awesome find and Super return. Can you imagine getting a phone call after all those years, someone telling you they found your ring. I'm waiting for the scrap guy to call ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats & Well Done M_D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another happy ending. Great post.
Congrats on the recovery & return.
-MM-

ramcharger

Aug 2, 2007
Hi a little off the subject but i went to Maine a few weeks ago panning and dredging for gold in the swift river, camped at coos canyon campground in byron maine zip 04275 had a good time found some flecks + fines, we live in new york zip 12901and prospect VT,NH ,MA, my question is wheres the nuggets? i have a inexpencive detector and need to upgrade, any sugestions, info, directions are always welcome.
Finding the ring and returning it to the owner was the right thing , your reward was the smile and memories you returned with it.
have a good day

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ramcharger.....wish I could help you on where to find the nuggets, but I know absolutely nothing about panning and prospecting...sorry. I always try to return rings if I can find out who owned them, but with this one ending up being family I returned it to made it all the more enjoyable. Spoke to my wifes aunt right after she got the ring in the mail and found out she not only lost it in 1957, but lost it the very first day she got it so she never had it on for more than a day and she was THRILLED to get it back.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Hey Maine,

I have been away from Tnet for a long while, but now that I am back I knew I would see a great find from you. I did not expect this one though. That is incredible. Finding that ring is truly humbling. Kinda brings a perspective to life in it's cycles that few will ever experience.

Congratulations on getting to enjoy that feeling, and bringing happiness to someone alot closer than you thought.

Postalrevnant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread