๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION This is the detector that gets everything

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scuba diving news paper 007.JPG Minelab gpx 4800 Black sand ! No problem! Depth! You dig till your back can't take it any more. Holes up to 3 plus feet deep for hair pins. You don't want to find a beer can at 5 plus feet. A beach might take 3-4 days to cover with other machines. But this machine will do it in one day and miss nothing. This one gets it all! It pays for itself with finds. If I lived in Fla. This is what I would use to find treasure on the beach. This ring was lost for 30 years and was up high on the beach. People have detected this beach every day for as long as I can remember. Ya It cost! But if your going to do it every day and want to find stuff on pounded beaches. Then this is what you want.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm pretty impressed :)

Great job on the return, this is certainly an Honorable Mention!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
View attachment 1379985 Minelab gpx 4800 Black sand ! No problem! Depth! You dig till your back can't take it any more. Holes up to 3 plus feet deep for hair pins. You don't want to find a beer can at 5 plus feet. A beach might take 3-4 days to cover with other machines. But this machine will do it in one day and miss nothing. This one gets it all! It pays for itself with finds. If I lived in Fla. This is what I would use to find treasure on the beach. This ring was lost for 30 years and was up high on the beach. People have detected this beach every day for as long as I can remember. Ya It cost! But if your going to do it every day and want to find stuff on pounded beaches. Then this is what you want.

I could *maybe* understand using a nugget machine like that on *some* very clean touristy beaches . So you won't miss dainty tinsel thin chains, or earing studs. And sure: You'll get nearly 2 ft. on a coin! But if the beach is prone to have nails, then you might go bonkers using such a machine.

Humorously, there have even been people to try those machines for coin, relic, or cache hunting. It works like this: The newbie inquires: "What is the deepest machine possible, that 'won't miss anything' ?" Well, the TECHNICAL answer is a machine like those Minelab nugget machines, right ? They "won't miss anything" and "go deeper than anything else around". But you warn the newbie that he will dig a lot of junk.

The newbie confidentally boasts that he's not afraid to dig some junk, if it will afford him the maximum depth. Imagine the newbie's surprise when he goes to the average house lot, or average park, etc... and can't even progress out of a 5 ft. square area, because every single push-pin, BB., nail, speck, etc... "rings the bells of notre dame", haha

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great return! :occasion14:

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
Mรฉxico
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One thing is for sure ... I'd NEVER want to dig a 2-3 ft deep holes!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the ring recovery and return! :occasion14:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could *maybe* understand using a nugget machine like that on *some* very clean touristy beaches . So you won't miss dainty tinsel thin chains, or earing studs. And sure: You'll get nearly 2 ft. on a coin! But if the beach is prone to have nails, then you might go bonkers using such a machine.

Humorously, there have even been people to try those machines for coin, relic, or cache hunting. It works like this: The newbie inquires: "What is the deepest machine possible, that 'won't miss anything' ?" Well, the TECHNICAL answer is a machine like those Minelab nugget machines, right ? They "won't miss anything" and "go deeper than anything else around". But you warn the newbie that he will dig a lot of junk.

The newbie confidentally boasts that he's not afraid to dig some junk, if it will afford him the maximum depth. Imagine the newbie's surprise when he goes to the average house lot, or average park, etc... and can't even progress out of a 5 ft. square area, because every single push-pin, BB., nail, speck, etc... "rings the bells of notre dame", haha

100% agree!

I could see it in a few very rare situations, but the vast majority of sites / hunts have so much trash that you would spend all day and never go more than a few steps. You would literally be better off to strip mine the site and simply sift the dirt.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why the heck did this pop up with an "honorable mention" tag?!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions