πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION The "Key" to savings is.............

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding the key!
This pretty, young lady placed a call with me frantically wondering if a metal detector would help find a lost key in the snow.
So I said uh yes, sure it would!
I arranged a meeting on site to check out what the story was centered around and found out she was walking the dog out back of the condo and somewhere her vehicle key came out of pocket while wrestling with the rambunctious dog.
I set up the MXT and put it in no disc coin mode and was wondering how it would do in this cold weather in SE Michigan.
I had just put in fresh batteries since my last set was reading 9 and I didn't like that knowing the machine was going to be working harder in the cold.
I search for about half hour along the trails her and the dog made in the 5 inch deep snow but came up with nothing.
I noticed she drove a ford suv and I had my Ford work 4x4 truck key on me and it came to me to take a read on that since it was basically the same key and to see what the MXT had to show.
So in one sweep direction it came up as ferrous but a 90 deg. sweep came up non ferrous. Ok so now I had better idea of what to look for based on the numbers displayed on the meter.
So I made some more sweeps starting from the patio and bam! there it was in an area I hadn't gone over!
Her smile really tells the story tho and finding the key saved her around $200
The MXT proved to be a real trooper in this cold weather and I won't hesitate to take it out on another adventure!
Jon
RFkeysCropFH12-17-16.jpg

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go. That was a great thing to do. It really helps promote our hobby/addiction on a positive note.

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great save! I use my MXT all winter in all sorts of weather. It's always pretty consistent even with salt water

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good on ya mate

it is a shame what it costs to get a key made nowadays

Top Member Reactions