Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine called and asked if I could bring a detector and look for his step-sons necklace pendant that he lost over the summer. He had been at a friends house playing football and the chain broke. They found the chain but never found the pendant. I think he got in a little hot water because he didn't tell his mom for several weeks he had lost the pendant. The necklace was a cross his late grandmother had given to him. The mom was equally upset as well. I didn't know, until I was tagged in a Facebook post, that the grandmother had given it to him at his baptism.

We met at the friends house and the kids pointed to about a 10' area in the backyard where the chain had been found. They thought the cross was silver but wasn't sure. The house was newly built so I figured there wouldn't be much in the yard. Silver pendant, new house, 10' radius?...I figured I would be out of there in 5 minutes...an hour and a half later I'm still digging change, pulltabs, can slaw and bottle caps...apparently they throw lots of pool parties. I think I passed over it once or twice. It ended up having a pot metal soccer ball pendant attached to it which was giving me a broken trash signal. Luckily I was desperate enough at that point I was going back and digging the trash signals and finally found it.

I think this is a good way to start 2017. Happy hunting all!

Masons-Cross.jpg Untitled-1.jpg

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That young man really had a cross to bear until you found it for him!
Nice save for him and his family. Kudos!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya just never know when you are going to be called upon to be a goalie.........nice save!!

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KandiKlover

Jan 7, 2017
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (got for free)
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It pay's to dig even the trashy signals sometimes. Great find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions