Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While hunting at my favorite beach here in Florida I came across a very mixed signal target in the wet sand so I figured I need to dig this. About a foot down I start seeing black sand so I figured I had an old iron target but as I spread the sand out I saw a Toyota key with a fob on it. Put it in the pouch and swept the area again and had a couple more mixed signals. Dug some more and out came 2 more keys and an old para cord keychain. I scanned the area 1 more time and had a cleaner signal and out came a dog tag. 2017-01-14.jpg The rest of the trip was the usual stuff $6.00 in change a 1943 S war nickel a small silver earring a gold plated silver pendant and the usual trash. I get home and I decide to search for the owner of the keys Michael D. Rowe SSN# *** ** 8716 A NEG Christian. Sadly the only hit I found was from an Army Engineer who was killed in Iraq from an IED. As I was looking through the posts on the "In Memory" I came across a post from Michaels mother I saw a link to contact here and stated that I had found some keys with a dog tag that I believe is her late sons. I put in the last four of the ssn# and also stated that if it is not her sons I am very sorry to have bothered her. I awoke this morning to an E-mail stating it was her sons and has no clue as to who had lost it but would truly love to have it. I am mailing it out to her tomorrow with a slightly used dog tag chain that I had laying around from my days in the military. For more information on this Hero please visit https://www.fallenheroesproject.org/united-states/michael-d-rowe/

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good man todd, karma will find you

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Nicely done.

It would be interesting to hear the follow up to the contact with her.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
is there a way to nominate for honorable mention?

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable thing to do. God bless you for taking the time to do it. Bet the mom treasures any remembrance of her son, and you gave her an unexpected one today. Nicely done.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great write up Todd, you did the right thing!

Cliff

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent posted a reply here in maybe 7 years or so, but this one deserves a reply. Great job man, you are bringing a mom one more piece of her son's history.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on taking the extra step in getting this returned to family. I vote Honorable Mention. May the detecting gods shine brightly on you and assist in swinging over more treasures.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding!
dts

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
May that Warrior rest in peace, and may our Lord bless you for the good work that you have done!!!

Semper Fi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread