davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(Rather than re-write my story here is how I posted it to my Facebook :unhappysmiley: )

"Some of you may not be aware that one of my hobbies is metal detecting as I've done it on and off since I was a teenager and in fact built my very first one from a kit. I am a member of our neighborhood forum so when I saw a post that read "Metal Detector Needed" I was naturally curious. I made contact with the homeowner and turns out he'd lost his wedding band and was hopeful that I might be able to find it.

One of the cool things about this hobby is you get the chance to help people find things that have great meaning to them. The homeowner shared with me that he'd been married over 40 years and that he rarely took his ring off . It had become so tight that he had to have a jeweler enlarge it for him. That, combined with recent weight loss, contributed to the ring being lost in his yard as he was digging flower bulbs.
I went over today (33 degrees with rain/sleet/snow) determined to help find his ring. After about 30 minutes of searching I hit a good signal and found it. (it was jammed into the top layer of dirt) Needless to say he was quite pleased as was I!"

20170129_131325.jpg 20170129_131341.jpg 20170129_131359.jpg

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that would be fun

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! I am glad you were successful in finding this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread