stealthycat

Feb 17, 2012
Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pros
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know anything more - there couldn't have been a child there or she'd not have left I don't think. Being that shell shocked I don't know what to make of her saying that. maybe the father of her child was one of the two men or something? I have no idea really

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You done a great thing, hope she's ok and they get those guys before they hurt someone else. HH

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were the exact person that needed to be there........coincidence........nope........God has a way of answering prayers.........you were the answer to hers.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i could not stop there,i would have to know where the baby was and where the ones responsible for this was

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Job, Thanks for helping her!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
keep us updated ..I wonder if they had beat her so bad that they left her for dead .. I gotta woinder where is the child ..hope its ok -- scum like that god only knows --hope they catch em and that the kids ok --yes sometimes god put folks exact where they need to be ...to act as his angels at the right place and time

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for stepping up and keeping a level head throughout the situation. This is an Honorable Mention if ever there was one.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
STEALTHYCAT, That is something that has never, nor would I want Ever to happen for me, but if ever it should, I will remember your example, and try to live up to it. I have a CCW permit, and see now where I should use it more. If those guys had still been around, you may have been faced with not only saving her, but yourself as well. You can and should take pride in the way you reacted Stealthy, because ya gotta know, many of us, and most certainly myself are proud of you. Check the box next to your name that says, "One of the good guys".

jodan3399

Jan 1, 2013
Brownsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
White's Classic III, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Strange.

Any missing persons/children reported lately?

I googled Arkansas missing woman and came up with one (mother and child), but dates back to Nov.
You might want to check it out though.

:icon_thumright: for being there and helping though stealthycat, you are awesome.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
To qualify as a "missing person", you have to be missing for more than a certain number of hours (sorry, don't know what that is, or if it varies from state to state). Then, somebody has to report you "missing". Maybe the only person to report her was one of the ones that left her.

It absolutely dumbfounds me whenever I hear about some sort of such tragic story where potentially good Samaritans end up just slamming and bolting the door, preferring instead to not get involved. I simply cannot understand how one human being couldn't/wouldn't step in and help. ...I mean, I understand the "fact" that people don't or won't help - just can't understand the mentality. ...But then I can't understand the mentality of someone to do that to another person, either!!

jodan3399

Jan 1, 2013
Brownsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
White's Classic III, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There isn't really a waiting period anymore in most states, I think it can depend on the circumstances, or the history of the individual.

She mentioned a baby also, and for a child under the age of 18 that definitely wouldn't apply, although you don't know much from what she could say.

Probably the baby is with someone else, or maybe the other parent.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was an intense situation! I am glad you were thinking on your feet and got both of you out of there ASAP. You were certainly chosen to be her angel that day.

OP
OP
S

stealthycat

Feb 17, 2012
Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pros
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to school with the superintendent of the city school the woman says her kids go to and yes, my friend knows of the woman. She said if she heard anything she'd let me know and she hasn't

I assume there is an investigation, she's not badly hurt etc or there would have been news of some kind. Hopefully it wasn't her husband or boyfriend that did it ( how often does that happen :BangHead: ) and the police will do what they do best

I doubt I'll ever have such a bizarre day - but i will be going back to that park, its 40-50 years old only but still

griffith 90

Feb 4, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
Other
Not many people would take time out of their day to help someone in need these days, thank you. It makes me happy to know there are people like you still out there. Hopefully they catch the ones who did this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread