🏆 HONORABLE MENTION I Found Gold 1953 Class Ring!!!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s high on my bucket list. I’ve found a woman’s class gold ring, but I want that man’s Class gold ring bad and I mean BAD!Congratulations for checking off one major bucket lister ✔️

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation on the return of the class ring, you did the right thing. You have my vote for honorable mention, as far as I am concerned, any one who returns something that has valuable and/or sentimental value back to family or loved ones should get an honorable mention as far as T net is concern because it is like a merit badge among metal detectorist and it promotes good will and metal detecting etiquette .

I totally agree - in theory. In actual practice, we had a guy in a MD club in the late 1980's who found a class ring, located the owner, arranged the return - and was arrested for theft when he tried to return it. Seems the woman claimed a B&E years earlier and claimed the ring was stolen then. He ultimately beat the charge, but it cost him $$ lawyer fees. I've since found three rings that could be identified - but I have an aversion to being punished for doing the right thing.

CygnusX1

Jun 19, 2018
Covington, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll, Minelab Equinox 600 - Nokta Pinpointer, Xtreme scoop and handle.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Good luck with the return!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I totally agree - in theory. In actual practice, we had a guy in a MD club in the late 1980's who found a class ring, located the owner, arranged the return - and was arrested for theft when he tried to return it. Seems the woman claimed a B&E years earlier and claimed the ring was stolen then. He ultimately beat the charge, but it cost him $$ lawyer fees. I've since found three rings that could be identified - but I have an aversion to being punished for doing the right thing.

As an EX cop, I find that very hard to swallow. Not saying it didn't or couldn't happen but very unlikely. I have returned 47 class rings so far. One was in a tackle box that was stolen and I told the guy I found his ring in a lake. I am positive the folks that stole his tackle box used it and tossed the ring that was inside it.

Just because someone finds something that belonged to someone else, does not give any officer probable cause to arrest the finder. That is like the two pistols I found underwater, if one was used in a crime it is like saying the cops could arrest me for finding it? Too far fetched.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had found one also the lady was in California said her baby sitter stole it.Not a good experiance for me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread