🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Class ring owner or is it!!!!What do you think!!!!!!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope she's the one to whom it belongs. I think I would have delayed returning it until I researched the other possible owner first. A look through the yearbook will tell you who else has the same initials. Don't let this particular experience sour you on future ring returns. They can be very rewarding........both figuratively and literally. It also puts all of us in a good light and improves your kharma! :icon_thumleft:

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While the woman is 'positive' the ring was stolen in California by the babysitter, I think it's just as likely that this woman lost it years before moving to California, and hadn't realized it was lost until the babysitter stole other stuff, and then realized the school ring was gone, and just assumed the babysitter stole it as well.

I'll bet you it is hers, but in her mind, it went missing in California. She doesn't want to have wrongly accused the babysitter, as that would then put question into her mind if the babysitter was wrongly accused of everything.

I say good for you for sending it back, but as noted earlier, HS rings are quickly set aside and not valued by the owners, and if it had been me, I think I would've just included it in my melt pile. That is, if I ever get a melt pile going. :)

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking the same thing as KirkS. It's probably hers and she lost it at a different time before the babysitter walked off with some of her jewelry. You did the right thing. You're a good man.

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting