πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Class ring owner or is it!!!!What do you think!!!!!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a class ring.I called the school they located the person who matched the initials. I call this person I send pics of the ring she says it looks like hers.. I told her where I found it she has never heard of this park and she said her engagement ring and class ring were stolen by her baby sitter when she lived in California. and is sure of this. She thinks its very odd but thinks it could be hers. I found this ring in Michigan the school is in Michigan about 10 miles from where I found this ring.What are the odds that ring ended up back in Michigan after being stolen in California. I called the school back to see if there was anyone else who attended the school and who would have graduated in 1973 with those initials ...no reply. This person who thinks the ring is hers said there was another person with the same initials she is pretty sure and wants me to send it to her and if its not hers she will try to find the person who has the same initials in her graduating class, but still think its hers!!!!!!!! I love detecting I will return a ring if I can trust me I hope there are no initials or names when I find rings and we are not obligated to this is just me.. Now I wonder what if you try to return a ring and say it was stolen or what if you sell a ring that might have been stolen that you found detecting!!!!!No good deed goes unpunished. If you can follow this at all would you send this ring to this person??????????????? I believe in Karma Sorry for all the pics my crap top is kinda screwy and then ya got me!!!!! . 20170215_180633.jpg 20170215_180633.jpg 20170215_180633.jpg 20170123_201041.jpg 20170123_201041.jpg 20170123_201041.jpg 20170215_180633.jpg 20170123_201041.jpg 20170123_201041.jpg 20170123_201041.jpg

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Her story sounds fishy, I would have asked her specifics like color of stone as well but you already sent photos.

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett AT Gold, SunRay X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found a class ring.I called the school they located the person who matched the initials. I call this person I send pics of the ring she says it looks like hers.. I told her where I found it she has never heard of this park and she said her engagement ring and class ring were stolen by her baby sitter when she lived in California. and is sure of this. She thinks its very odd but thinks it could be hers. I found this ring in Michigan the school is in Michigan about 10 miles from where I found this ring.What are the odds that ring ended up back in Michigan after being stolen in California. I called the school back to see if there was anyone else who attended the school and who would have graduated in 1973 with those initials ...no reply. This person who thinks the ring is hers said there was another person with the same initials she is pretty sure and wants me to send it to her and if its not hers she will try to find the person who has the same initials in her graduating class, but still think its hers!!!!!!!! I love detecting I will return a ring if I can trust me I hope there are no initials or names when I find rings and we are not obligated to this is just me.. Now I wonder what if you try to return a ring and say it was stolen or what if you sell a ring that might have been stolen that you found detecting!!!!!No good deed goes unpunished. If you can follow this at all would you send this ring to this person??????????????? I believe in Karma Sorry for all the pics my crap top is kinda screwy and then ya got me!!!!! .
Interesting! I would check the local Police Department to see if there was ever a case made.. if her engagement ring was stolen, you bet your detector that I would be making a Theft Report!

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She told me the color of the stone before I sent the pics. The school is a small one I only later found out from her that there was another person with the same initials which seems to make more sense that that would be the owner!!!!! I cant got info on the other person though,,,,,, WTF did I get into

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds a little fishy but what is it really worth other than sentimental value?

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Since I have returned a lot of class rings I will give you my take on it. No matter who owns it I would at this point think it is just scrap gold. Missing that big of piece nobody would be interested in having it repaired.

If graduated in 1973 she would be 62 now. I would also think it is not hers. If I wanted to return it, and I called the school I would ask for the librarian. They have all the yearbooks and most are more interested in helping than anyone in the office.

Anyway, that is my free 2Β’.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I have returned a lot of class rings I will give you my take on it. No matter who owns it I would at this point think it is just scrap gold. Missing that big of piece nobody would be interested in having it repaired.

If graduated in 1973 she would be 62 now. I would also think it is not hers. If I wanted to return it, and I called the school I would ask for the librarian. They have all the yearbooks and most are more interested in helping than anyone in the office.

Anyway, that is my free 2Β’.
Thanks scuba I sent her pics she said she had tears in her eyes thinking about getting it back The odds of it being stolen in California by her baby sitter then ending up in Michigan 10 miles from the school that the rings was from????She has since moved back from California and is in Michigan. I think all these rings looked the same or close. I wish I never got into this.

Kapidr

Mar 17, 2014
By the sea
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
From the photos you have shown I can't tell what the emblem is on each side. Does this woman know what the emblems were and has she identified them?

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CRAZY FIND INDEED. BEST OF LUCK ON THIS MYSTERY.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the secretary at the school knew this woman but I think it belongs to the other person with those initials . I think Ill just send it to her and be done with it!!!! no Honorable Mention How about a Dishonorable Detention My brain hurts on this one . Done with it

jasones

Tenderfoot
Sep 23, 2010
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Ask her what the "inscription" on the inside of it says. She'll either tell you there isn't an inscription or make one up.

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doesn't sound like it's hers and doubtful she goes out of her way like you did to return it. If YOU can't find the other person - I would melt it or keep it.

Good luck and congrats on the class ring.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm leaning toward the other person as well as she probably lost it there long ago while the one in California being stolen would not have made it back to the school area, but more than likely it was melted down soon after being stolen. I'd tell the one in California that she gave insufficient proof of it belonging to her. Also odd is that she did not volunteer the other student's name and wanted it mailed to herself while she searched for her. Right.

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your dilemma. On another note, my wife says that you need a manicure.:laughing7:

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like my wife says every man needs a cure!!!!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with scubadetector, enough time has passed that this ring has been given up for lost, at her age would probably not be worn and with the damage if even kept, would be tossed in a drawer. It might just end up with other scrap gold and in her check but that is my opinion. You are more likely holding the other person's ring and again, with the amount of time...Long forgotten.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Tommy...Tuff situation...there's been a lot of very good suggestions...part of me says send it out to her...the other bi-polar part of me says to scrap it out and use that cash for gas money for your detecting trip south to southern Ohio this spring...tee hee..Ddf

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, one deciding factor could be the size of the ring. Sort of like Cinderella. lol
Good luck with the outcome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread