Promoting our Great Hobby at a Local Museum

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My partner, Bill Dickerson and I, Denny Morrison, gave another talk about our great hobby at a local Museum here in NW Ohio.

Around 20 men and women showed up. The ladies club at the museum gave a afternoon tea, with all kinds of goodies to eat. Now this is my kind of presentation.

Bill and I set up our display of local historical finds using a metal detector for everyone to see. Everyone had lots of questions and they all liked our displays.

After our talk, we gave a demonstration out on the Museums side lawn. Bill and I brought extra detectors with us for those who wanted to try there luck using a detector. Bill threw a handfull of pennies in the air and everyone started detecting. Almost every penny was found. They all enjoyed our talk and had a great time detecting.

Hope others out there are doing the same thing that Bill and I are doing. It is a lot of fun and really promotes our GREAT HOBBY.

HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Denny & Bill at Wood Co. Tea1.jpg
    Denny & Bill at Wood Co. Tea1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 410
  • Better display at tea1.jpg
    Better display at tea1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 412
  • Men looking at our display1.jpg
    Men looking at our display1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 409

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the good rep. 8) AA

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o :o :o Great Job guys! That was a fantastic display the two of you put on, too. HH

Desertfox

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool Guys.

Thanks !

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Good job guys, WTG!!!
Looks like a great presentation...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic Guys. Thanks for promoting our hobby in a positive light. Great post and pictures. Way to go.
-MM-
P.S. I'd hate to mess with that burly guy in the orange shirt. :o :o

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Fantastic Guys. Thanks for promoting our hobby in a positive light. Great post and pictures. Way to go.
-MM-
P.S. I'd hate to mess with that burly guy in the orange shirt. :o :o

LOL, that guy in the orange shirt, had a farm with over 80 acres in it. On that farm stood a mill and several buildings including farm helpers. Everything is gone now, but he has a metal detector and said after our demonstrations he was going out the next day to hunt his farm. He wouldn't tell us where it was at DARN IT.

Thanks for everyone's replies. It is always fun to give these presentations and sometimes we come up with some new places to hunt. Also gives our hobby a better name.

HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions