๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION Gold Wedding band - lost and returned!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I overheard a friend at a square Dance mention they lost their wedding band while gardening a few years ago. My ears perked up when I heard that.

I told them I would love to try to find it - so I didn't waste any time. I visited the house this morning! I was actually already going there to drop my girlfriend off for work - she works with the wife of the ring-loser.

He says he was repotting plants had a small part of the yard as the potential hunt area. The area was incredibly trashy. A former burn pile I believe. Many nails and piles of melted aluminum.

I searched for 20 minutes with my at pro in coin mode.. that was frustrating. Hunting hunting - 2 hours go by. I'm spreading out. I found a 1897 IHP. The house is from the twenties. After a while I was literally just coin shooting, trying to come out with a silver dime. No luck. No silver.

I crisscrossed and zigzagged the potential area. I turned my sensitivity way down. That helped a lot. Then. Suddenly... vdi of 58. 57.. 58. Nice a shallow . Mind you, 50 targets already had been dug. 10 of them sounded good like gold too! Anyways. I flip a mini plug, and here she was.

I left the gold ring in the dirt, and let the gentleman pluck it out himself. So much gratitude! I felt great! He was over the moon!

He has been married for 28 years. Lost the ring 3 years ago. They have new silver bands the replace the lost ring that he lost. So awesome to return this symbol of love and family.

IMG_3518.JPG IMG_3516.JPG IMG_3513.JPG IMG_3515.JPG

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find and story mate.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Honorable Mention! :occasion14: :notworthy:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So wonderful that you now have a new hunting ground also.......Much more out there.....

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your well deserved Honorable Mention! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread