Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ringreturn.png

Cute story of lost ring, Ft. Laud beach Tuesday this week, I'm heading off the beach when the lifeguard tells me, a lady just lost her engagement ring at the next lifeguard stand, will you go hunt for it. :icon_scratch:
I put more money in meter and headed down there...... :cat:

I ask, is it white gold, yellow gold, or platinum.....? It's sterling silver with diamonds.
And, the tide is coming in fast! :BangHead:

The fiancรฉ is in the water with me, I'm up to my neck and going under......
(dang, why my rear end and legs keep floating up, when I loose bottom?) :BangHead: :laughing7:
I iz neverz haz thoze boyanzeseseses b4z :icon_scratch:

So I tell him to hold me in place :laughing7: He was trying to be helpful so I was going to let him. :laughing7:

I find the target, he's holding me from behind around the waste, I tell him,
"OK PUSH ME UNDER" (to scoop) :laughing7:
I had that nano-second flash of, why this may not be a good idea......... :laughing7:
along with, hoping he'd pull me back up...... and quick :notworthy: :laughing7:
Yeah, no, we agreed this may not work...... :BangHead: :laughing7:

Gotta come back tomorrow, (which was yesterday, Wednesday)......
So, the story continues...... :laughing7:

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soooo, Wednesday morning, I take my neighbor 60 miles up the road and we clean the mom & bro-n-laws place,
it's an every couple 'o weeks thing, she'll be 90 soon..... she's the crazy cat lady,
but that's another story...... :laughing7:
(which I'll probably hafta post under the comedy section, lol)...... :laughing7:
So go clean, drive home, dang, I was an hour off on the low tide :icon_scratch:, so rush to get to the beach.

Anyway, I didn't get that pic of the ring till this morning, I still didn't know "exactly" what I was looking for..... :dontknow:
Oh and thank Dog for low tide! :notworthy: What was over my head the night before, was barely up to my chest at low tide.

I start gridding north to south, having marked my spot by the Marriot building.
Nothing, not even pennies and all the trash from the evening before, surely I couldn't have dug everything last night. :icon_scratch:
So I start gridding east/west, going out to the deeper waters.
BOOM, well, more like, a loud whisper, it was under the sand a little ways, maybe turned on edge. :dontknow:
Still rang in as silver (through Fluffy), she howled the night before when she found a big old tungsten ring. :cat:

"OMG, I hope this ain't her ring and it's platinum, cause it's BEAUTIFUL and heavy!" :laughing7:

You know the cat cain't see worth nothing..... So I keep looking...... :laughing7:
I'm hoping to find another ring, her ring, right...... :laughing7:

cross-eyed-cat.jpg

So, finally, a few hours later, ring in hand, I head back home, clean the machine, catsuit, booties, me, clean the little ring up, ate, dug his phone # outta the trash, where I almost had thrown it away, but I had also memorized it(one of the many cat tricks, I do :laughing7: ) so I knew it anyway.......
By that time, it's 11:30.....
Goodnight......
Tomorrow (Thursday, today) is another day...... :notworthy:

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okays, I'll try to wrap this up for ya'll's......
Thursday morning, this morning, gotta call the guy and girl...... I'm asking for a specific description of ring, eterninty, 3 stone, band like, she sends the pic over to me this morning, and I tell her, "THAT'S IT"!
squeals of delight and we gonna meet up in an hour or so..... :hello2:
at the Flashburn club, okay, deal. (names get changed to protect the guilty :laughing7: )

I drive to what used to be the place....... about a DECADE AGO! :BangHead:
I really should get out and about more......
It was closed and the construction man was driving a similar vehicle, I thought it was him, lol.

He told me I couldn't drive around back it was blocked, I told him I was meeting someone here?
He said "this place is closed, who you meeting and what for"? Me, being the cat, said, "Wait, that's not really any of your business now is it, I don't know you.......", then it hit me, oh cat cwap, he's the man in charge here, foreman, owner, whatever..... lol, oopsies. I told him I'm returning ring, you got same vehicle I'm meeting, apologized(for being a little slow there, wasn't expecting this place to be closed, yeah, now I get it.....), I think he seen the look on my face...... lol. :o
I'm like, oh dog oh dog, where's the place..... run into a little restaurant in the strip mall,
thank goodness they knew where I wanted to be...... :tongue3: :laughing7:
Back on the road again.....

355.gif

Drive down the road and there's my mark, errr, I mean the ring folks...... :laughing7:
I had told her, I was probably the only other woman ever wore her engagement ring and let her take it off my finger. :notworthy:
They were so happy, they even gave me a nice $50 reward. I tried to get them to give me less, they wouldn't hear of it.
Thanks so much R&B! Ya'll are the bombs, too!

They were so very sweet, we took pics, & they said it was ok to put them up.
It was fun and made some new friends.

ringreturn1edit1.jpg ringreturn2edit2.jpg

As they played with them little devices, emailing me their pics, when they finished,
he let out a big ole yell. "YEEHOOO".... and just hugged her,
it was so sweet and genuine!

000_5802.JPG

Good luck to them both, and that's their adventure, with the cat. rawr. :cat: :laughing7:

I figure, I give ya'll so few adventures, I'd try to make it a good one...... :angel9:

and that one turned out way better, than some....... :notworthy: :laughing7:

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well good for you Pat. Nice story and sounds like you had to earn that reward! Congrats.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All hail the Queen of the litter box! Nice return lady :)

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All hail the Queen of the litter box! Nice return lady :)
LAWL!
Yep, we're just one big septic tank situated over a cesspool,
or is that one big cesspool over the septic...... :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
(where's diggummups when ya need him)..... :laughing7:

It's usually what you make it! Just perceptions and perspectives...... 8-)

Well good for you Pat. Nice story and sounds like you had to earn that reward! Congrats.
Thanks guys, and yeah, that's what I said, was a little "ruff"..... :dog: :cat: :laughing7:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job :)

I Honorably Mentioned you - the work you put in for that couple. You saved a day for someone!

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the Honorable Mention, that'll be my first one!
I've found a few other rings for folks, but didn't have a camera, so couldn't really do anything about that, so oh well, lol.

It really was comical, me and the guy in the water. Dog, I gulped down a bunch of salt water, lol.
Every time it'da go over my head, I was spitting, hissing, snotting..... yeah, there's a dream date alright, LOL!
Him shoving me under water a time or two or five, LOL. One woulda thought he was trying to drown the cat, LOL.
The plan was not fully thought through! LOL.

Hey, where's my 1715 crew? I'm ready for some deep diving, now.
Well, maybe at least 10 to 20 feet, at most. LOL.

Thanks again Deep!

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story I really enjoyed it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
nenner nenner nenner its cat girl to the rescue

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOTTA WATCH THAT "CAN YOU HOLD ME UNDER" THING - I WAS LOOKING FOR A RING WITH AN OLD PARTNER OF MINE - HE GOTTA HIT
BUT HE COULD NOT SCOOP - FIST SIZE ROCKS AND UP AND HE DOESNT HAVE A MASK - SO I DIVE UNDER - VIZ IS LIKE A FEW INCHES OFF THE BOTTOM
I CANT SEE IT - I COME UP - TELL HIM TO KEEP HIS COIL OVER IT AND I'LL TRY AGAIN - ONCE AGAIN I DONT SEE IT UNDER HIS COIL - I CAN HOLD MY BREATHE LONGER BUT I KEEP FLOATING UP CAUSE IM WEARING WET SUIT AND IM NOT WEARING A WEIGHT BELT (USUALLY ONLY NEED ONE WHEN IM ACTUALLY DIVING) - SO I TELL HIM TO HOLD ME DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE - PUT YOUR FOOT ON MY BACK - SHOULDVE TOLD HIM TO GIVE ME LIKE A 10 COUNT - HE PUTS HIS FOOT ON MY BACK AND IM LOOKING AROUND - REMOVE SOME ROCKS AND FIND ITS NOT A RING BUT A FISHING WEIGHT THAT WENT OFF AS GOOD - I TRY TO SURFACE BUT HE PUTS MORE PREASURE ON MY BACK AND PUSHES ME BACK TO THE BOTTOM - IM PINNED -
I HAD TO PUSH OFF WITH ALL MY MIGHT TO GET HIM OFF - I TOLD HIM - "YOU KNOW THERE IS A TIME LIMIT!"
I WONT DO THAT AGAIN

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOTTA WATCH THAT "CAN YOU HOLD ME UNDER" THING - "YOU KNOW THERE IS A TIME LIMIT!"
LAWL, thanks, that's kept me laughing today, (though I know it is a serious matter) :notworthy:

but, ya just can't beat the comedic value of some of these "adventures", now can ya!? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

As long as I make it to the end of the day, all pieces parts in tact, and have a refreshing adult beverage in hand,
I'll call it "success". :laughing7:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was one of the best reads I have had in some time. Great buildup and great ending with some comedy in between.

Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fish1on, thank you, that was so very nice of you to say.
I always hope I'm making someone laugh (or at least myself). :laughing7:
Thanks too, all you guys and gals and GL and HH to you all. :notworthy:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LAWL!
Yep, we're just one big septic tank situated over a cesspool,
or is that one big cesspool over the septic...... :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
(where's diggummups when ya need him)..... :laughing7:

It's usually what you make it! Just perceptions and perspectives...... 8-)

Thanks guys, and yeah, that's what I said, was a little "ruff"..... :dog: :cat: :laughing7:
I'm still here in the swill of it all. The cesspool is usually an overflow for the septic tank. The septic tank, which is south Florida, is already overflowing with human waste. That is why we live in a cesspool. Just perceptions and perspectives...... 8-)

Nice recovery by the way!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread