πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION what was once lost and forgotten has been returned, Class Ring #3

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was a pretty exciting morning, the owner of the ring, Joseph Miller, wanted to meet at the gas station/convenience store in Cove. There is only one gas station in Cove so that part was easy to do. Joseph was from Wicks, population of about 750, one of those blink and miss it towns. When he got out of his truck, he was all smiles as he hurried over to us. His eyes went straight to the ring as I held it out and he carefully took it from my hands and told me again that he never expected to see it again. I asked what he was doing when he lost it, if he was throwing a ball or what. He said that he was worried about losing it and had placed it in his pocket for safe keeping and probably lost it when he had tripped and fallen. I asked if it still fit, sometimes we put on a little weight after a few years so he put it on and it was definitely tighter. The big smile said it all as he shook my hand and thanked me again for the fifth or sixth time. He kept staring at the ring and was sitting in his truck staring at it when we left. It was very apparent that he really appreciated the return and that was pretty awesome for me to have been able to do it. I also figured out where exactly to find a class ring, right where it was lost and that can be anywhere LOL. I really wish everyone could experience the rush or high that you get from returning a lost item, it is addicting in it's own way. I never expected to find three class rings much less return all three of them, way cool experience. return ring #3...2.jpg 0518171802.jpg return ring #3...1.jpg

maceman66

Mar 29, 2009
SE Iowa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a great feeling putting a smile on someones face. Good job!!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
ring.gif
t_l.gif

..: OUTSTANDING DirtLooter :..
Joseph will always remember the kind thing you did for him!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
That should be another Honorable Mention for you! Vote coming as soon as I post this!

Thank you for representing our hobby to others!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool As HECK!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks everyone, been very busy since the post and finally had time to stop and breath for a bit. Joseph has already told numerous people about his ring, he still can't believe that he got it back. I am now supposed to go by a lady's house to look for her missing ear ring, I believe it is platinum. I truly believe that returns can open doors for new places. I feel very blessed to have been able to find another class ring much less return it. we have the ability to totally change someone's outlook on the day by restoring something that was lost. From now on, he has a story to tell and will be reminded of it every time he looks down at it. Gotta love this hobby!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread