🏆 HONORABLE MENTION I got to be a hero today.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My buddy & I were out metal detecting a small old town yesterday. We stopped to ask some questions about the town of a lady that was out working on her garden, and she mentioned that she & her husband had rented a detector this spring after her husband lost his wedding band while planting flowers, but had no luck.

We volunteered to find it. It took us about an hour and a half in 94F heat to detect almost all of the yard. The heat index was 101, and we were beat. My buddy packed up his detector after finishing the front yard, and I was ready to pack it in as well. There was just one more small patch that I wanted to do before calling it quits. I decided that we had to do it, so I headed back there.

My friend had dug a couple of modern nickels in the backyard, so when I hit another nickel signal, we were both pretty skeptical, but you should have seen my eyes when I broke up the lump of soil around a nice, shiny white gold wedding band!

I wonder how much the pawn shop will give me for it.

OK, just kidding about that last bit. She was ecstatic!

20170705_140230.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good going on finding the gold wedding band....good karma coming your way for your efforts.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good going on finding the gold wedding band....good karma coming your way for your efforts.

Regards + HH

Bill
I found two silver Rosies the next day. Is that all the karma that a white gold wedding band gets? ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread