๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION Letter from Ring Return WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a Rosie

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One question: How did you get the fact that you had found it out so that the sister in law saw it? Local paper? Just curious. The only time I was able to return a wedding ring was when my wife told me about the guy who lost it on a sandy volleyball field. Took about 5 minutes to find, literally almost the first target. He sent us a $50 gift certificate. It was a massive gold ring.
It had the date the school and initials I don't remember how they contacted her the School did all that then I got a response from the ring owner. Boom!!!!!

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Well done, Tommy! You're a credit to the hobby and your actions all the way around speak volumes to your character. Happy hunting and congrats!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, it is an old post but it is also a special post and I missed it in 2017. Well Done!

Now its time or will be after the snow melts, to start saving again! Keep at it and you will get there!..................53bkpkr

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommy, We are all proud of you and it is always a thrill to return a lost item to someone who really appreciates having it back. Way to be a STELLAR ambassador for the hobby. Cheers, Sub :occasion14:

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to represent! Too bad they didn't give you a reward.. This is great karma for the detecting gods. You will find this equal ring 3 fold this year!

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atta Boy Tommy!!!
That... is what its all about right there.....
Keep Swingin..
That AT Max will eventually come your way and then some......
Great Job..

Lunch Bag

Dec 23, 2018
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did a good thing Tommy.

Unfortunately, many today do not know how to show gratitude or to say thank you. I write checks every year for three scholarships and I rarely receive a thank you note, but I remind myself that Jesus healed ten lepers and only one thanked Him and I certainly can not expect to do better than Jesus himself.

Keep up the great work Tommy and your pictures were just fine.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool story :) You did a great job there.
Getting an actual letter is rare. Nowadays it is sometimes easy to forget most people are good.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it is hard to describe to the feeling of the sincere thanks from a return. you can feel their excitement and as I have found out from 4 class ring returns and three WWII dog tag returns, new friendships created. This letter is one to hang up on the wall and proves that returns are worth the effort. in this world where we no longer talk personally as we once did, things like this give hope to some. Awesome Job and definitely Honorable Mention! Jerry

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Job Tommy and You Did Get Your Max!

Kace

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Tommy, I'm sorry I didn't see this post before. Here's my "Atta Boy" to you. My class ring has the school name but not the state, no initials or inscriptions so if lost, nobody would have to worry about a return. Great job and good luck.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Clapping II.gif
Tommy, I give you a standing ovation for such an unselfish good deed!!! That letter is worth a 1000 new detectors in my book and you should be proud if it and what you did to get it!!! Sir you're what all detectorist should stand for and again Congrats!!!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job on the return - makes us all look good! Great letter too. I am so glad they took some time to let you know how much they appreciated your efforts. You certainly deserved it.

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're a good man!

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly when her sister tells her about the ring I had the goose bumps. That's a fantastic job. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread