πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Lost gold and diamond engagement ring found today!

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my first lost women's engagement ring today! We had 4 detectorists on site from our local club to look for it. I was lucky enough to find it in first 5 minutes with my at pro and 5x8 coil. Her fiance had lost the ring just before they left for vacation Saturday where he planned to propose I assume. He lost it several days ago. He even mowed the lawn (yikes!) and rented a detector to try and find it without any luck. She hadn't even seen the ring yet but knew that it was lost so she was very nervous and upset when we arrived. She was so happy when i found it she cried and hugged us all. It was a great moment and a fun experience.

A fellow detectorist found a men's wedding band for a different gentleman tonight as well at a different location we all went too after this search. A very successful afternoon overall!
c079e1e78ab7f9e3bb95c1d9ef87553d.jpg
45bc5a53840d75c394e91f939d390b45.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!!! How rewarding is that wow I vote Honorable mention. I returned a ring to a 63 year old lady click my honorable mention and read her letter very moving. I know how good it is Thanks for sharing this story!!!!!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome recovery and return! I would call that Honorable mention too

OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!!! How rewarding is that wow I vote Honorable mention. I returned a ring to a 63 year old lady click my honorable mention and read her letter very moving. I know how good it is Thanks for sharing this story!!!!!!
Thanks! It was very rewarding. One of the best things about this hobby for sure.
awesome recovery and return! I would call that Honorable mention too
Thanks!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done mate. Your group went two for two. Batted 1000% percent today! Heck yeah! Like you said, one of the best parts of metal detecting is getting the opportunity to recover & return lost items. Very cool!:headbang:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"He even mowed the lawn (yikes!)" I'll second that one! Lawn mower hit and that pretty yellow pear shaped diamond would of met its demise. Congrats on the recovery and the Honourable Mention well deserved. :occasion14:
Lawn mower? What was the dude thinking
???

OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done mate. Your group went two for two. Batted 1000% percent today! Heck yeah! Like you said, one of the best parts of metal detecting is getting the opportunity to recover & return lost items. Very cool!:headbang:
For sure! Thanks!
"He even mowed the lawn (yikes!)" I'll second that one! Lawn mower hit and that pretty yellow pear shaped diamond would of met its demise. Congrats on the recovery and the Honourable Mention well deserved. :occasion14:
Lawn mower? What was the dude thinking
???
Thanks! When they told me he mowed the lawn after he lost it I cringed and I thought to myself this ring might be gone or completely ruined. I am so glad he didn't hit it with the mower.
Awesome! [emoji106]
Thanks[emoji16]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread