๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION Dog tag + an extra item found and returned !

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Saturday my daughter called and asked me if I could find two dog tags for her girlfriends dog. Shortly after that, my metal detecting partner called to see where we would go on our usual Sunday outing. I had told him about the request to find the dog tag, and he agreed to meet me at the persons home at 7:30 a.m. I had arrived first, and started on the West side of the yard ( the wrong side ) and my detecting partner arrived shortly after me and started on the East side of the yard ( the right side ). After he fired up his detector, the tags were found within 3 minutes. The dogs tag was custom made with a value of $20.00 The Rabies tag was also $20.00 but the real value was because this was this young ladies first dog. She had purchased the beautiful Chocolate Lab - German Short Hair Pointer mix a month after her mom had passed away from cancer in her mid 50's. She felt the need to have some companionship after the loss of her mom. The story gets even better. We then continued to hunt the yard of this 1950 home, and found nothing else of value - or so we thought. I managed to dig one of those older metal flower tags that are green, with the initials JP on it. After showing it to this young lady she about went into tears and said those were my moms initials ! I then gladly passed the flower tag on to her also. I do believe it was her moms way of letting her know she is watching over her. You just have to believe. My daughter Stefanie is shown receiving the 2 dog tags from my detecting partner, as her friend was still in her pajamas at 7:40 a.m. and did not want to be photographed. Kids !! Monetary value , minimal + emotional attachment, much = one very happy young lady !

Attachments

• image1 (10).jpg
    image1 (10).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 244
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story with a very happy ending, congratulations! :occasion14:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done mate. Better than scoring some silver for the treasure chest.:icon_salut:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread