Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Ring found and returned - marriage saved !!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2003
    Illinois / Oklahoma
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro - Fisher CZ 5
    4692 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (4)

Ring found and returned - marriage saved !!

It must be hard to explain to your bride of 4 months that you lost your wedding ring ! I was asked to help this man find his 14 k White Gold wedding band after he lost it in a pile of mulched wood chips. I had spent 1 1/2 hours working my way to the bottom of the pile only to not find the ring. This pile was hauled to a vacant lot that he owns. I asked the man (who cuts and mulches trees on weekends) where the house was that he was cutting the trees down. It turned out to be in my neighborhood, so we went over there to search the two small piles of mulch that were still left at the base of each tree. After firing up my Fisher CZ 5, I started to scan the edge of the first pile, and received a slammin hit thru my headphones. I said out loud " I like it , that sounds like a White Gold ring if I ever heard one" and the ring owner looked at me like I was nuts. After realizing he couldn't hear because I had my headphones on, I unplugged them so he could hear what I was talking about. I started to separate the mulch, and about 3 inches in the side of the pile was his ring. I told him that was no way to start a marriage out, and he better go home and super glue that thing on his finger. I declined money, but handed him my business card, explained the hobby, and he gave me permission to search any one of his 48 rental properties that are in a section of a large town, where the newest homes are 60 years old, and the oldest are about 120 ! Hope he has some old ones in there because I'm gonna take him up on his offer !! Looks like I really found gold now !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1 (16).jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	1493652  

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    4121 times
    Illinois or Oklahoma? Good way to light up the hobby for positive
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

awesome, way to do it, I's have to say Honorable Mention!
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Mar 2003
    Illinois / Oklahoma
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro - Fisher CZ 5
    4692 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingskid1611 View Post
    Illinois or Oklahoma? Good way to light up the hobby for positive
    This one was in my home state of Illinois. Sorry, should have posted that.
    Mzjavert likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Patriot

Apr 2016
    Georgia
    Excalibur 2, CTX 3030 Stealth 720i ,RTG 6" Lesche GS 36 Predator Raptor TRX pp
    2116 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Nice going on the wedding ring recovery. He looks to be a very happy man...congrats !!
    USMC 67-70/ VN 69-70

"oh.... thot ya wuz whipper-snippering"

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    4121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trezurehunter View Post
    This one was in my home state of Illinois. Sorry, should have posted that.
    Dang I was hoping for a hunting buddy......
    Trezurehunter likes this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

Feb 2009
    5636 times
    Good on Ya for saving the man's day, and not to mention the sweet offer, congrats.
    Kurios1, Trezurehunter and scruggs like this.

us
    coppersmith

Oct 2013
    brunswick md
    WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
    3790 times
    Relic Hunting
    A TRUE HERO.....

Charter Member
    SITE BRAVO DETAINEE

Dec 2012
    8008 times
    Metal Detecting
    that young guy has 48 rentals?
    YOU BE A DEPLORABLE, I'LL JUST BE ADORABLE

Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
    Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
    4991 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-gordon View Post
    that young guy has 48 rentals?
    Must have attended a Tony Robbins seminar.
    “This Is My Creed I believe first in God, the same God in which my ancestors believed. I believe in Jesus Christ and that he is my saviour. Second, I believe in the Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America, without interpretation, as it was written and meant to work. I have given my sacred oath “to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.” I intend to fulfill that oath. Third, I believe in the family unit and, in particular, my family unit. I have sworn that I will give my life, if it is required, in defense of God, the Constitution, or my family. Fourth, I believe that any man without principles that he is ready and willing to die for at any given moment is already dead and is of no use or consequence whatsoever. William Cooper August 3, 1990”
    ― Milton William Cooper, Behold a Pale Horse

us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter Mark IV Garrett Ace 350 Garrett Carrot
    2705 times
    Metal Detecting
    Really great job considering all the possibilities.

us
    Unveiler of "Soiled" Secrets...

Jan 2012
    Southwest Missouri
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
    4900 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Name:  napoleon.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  13.6 KB

Awesome, have a blast on those permissions! Sub
    I know LEO and Fire badges...I know toy soldiers...I am learning about everything else from you!

Confuse-Us Say: "Man wearing steel toed boots should not metal detect."

What "unearth" are you doing out there?

Charter Member
    us
    Kevin

Feb 2017
    FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
    Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
    4991 times
    SWEET! Great detective work on tracking down the ring. Even better on scoring BUKU potential silver mines! This one find should keep you well stocked for years to come. Again peeps, this is how we ROLL!
    “This Is My Creed I believe first in God, the same God in which my ancestors believed. I believe in Jesus Christ and that he is my saviour. Second, I believe in the Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America, without interpretation, as it was written and meant to work. I have given my sacred oath “to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic.” I intend to fulfill that oath. Third, I believe in the family unit and, in particular, my family unit. I have sworn that I will give my life, if it is required, in defense of God, the Constitution, or my family. Fourth, I believe that any man without principles that he is ready and willing to die for at any given moment is already dead and is of no use or consequence whatsoever. William Cooper August 3, 1990”
    ― Milton William Cooper, Behold a Pale Horse

us
    Apr 2017
    Bay Area, CA
    Tesoro Cibola, XP Deus w/ HF coils, & 11" LF. Land and Sea pinpointer
    498 times
    Awesome job and an amazing hookup on the permissions!

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II, Quattro & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    7098 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Congratualtions on the recovery and return!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links