πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Softball Couple Didn't Like the Dirt on this Diamond!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last saturday this newly engaged couple were out with some friends tossing and batting a softball around. The lady had a ball glove on and when she took the glove off and tossed it to her friend her ring was not on her hand. She rewound her mind trying to think if she had the ring on or not when she put the glove on.
So for about 10 hrs looking at all the places on the field she was and with friends with a friends metal detector they still couldn't locate the ring.
I answered her call and arrived today on site to discuss the details. Setting up the MXT I searched the smaller areas she remembers being. Then I went to the outfield where she remembered taking the glove off and on between fielding the fly/ground balls. Quite a bit of area to cover and grid but thanks to my bigfoot coil I was able to cover the area quickly and after an hour and a half I went towards left field and got a +22 and overload signal and thought well this was a different event that hadn't happened with the MXT so I garrett carrot'ed the pinpoint and peeking out below the grass and dirt this beautiful ring revealed itself!
Now that's a home run to remember!
Jon
RFlivoniaLW 9-20-17.jpg RFlivoniaRng 9-2-17crop3.jpg RFlivoniaRng 9-20-17crop2.jpg RFlivoniaGroupCrop9-20-17.jpg

Last edited:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE!!! What an excellent story, teleprospector, those huge smiles say it all...that is one beauty of a ring, that unit wasn't cheap! I got a call my first year of detecting, a soccer coach lost a $2500 platinum wedding band, I showed up with 30 mins sun left and looked 20 mins after it set. I took the coach's contact info and told him I'd be back in the morning...his expression revealed disappointment, disgust and a hint of distrust...I think he thought I mite be holding out, truth was...he was from a big city and I guess people there just don't do things like this for other people...I show up after bfast, and within 20 minutes I'd recovered it and sent him the picture of it. " I'll be there in 45 minutes!!" he beamed...he showed up with a totally different expression, and $70 worth of Max n Erma's gift cards!! Two happy guys lol...so Teleprospector, I can relate to the feeling, getting out of one's self to think of someone else in need. The free steak that night wasn't bad either! Way to go, it's a feeling that stays with you for a while...Ddf

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE!!! What an excellent story, teleprospector, those huge smiles say it all...that is one beauty of a ring, that unit wasn't cheap! I got a call my first year of detecting, a soccer coach lost a $2500 platinum wedding band, I showed up with 30 mins sun left and looked 20 mins after it set. I took the coach's contact info and told him I'd be back in the morning...his expression revealed disappointment, disgust and a hint of distrust...I think he thought I mite be holding out, truth was...he was from a big city and I guess people there just don't do things like this for other people...I show up after bfast, and within 20 minutes I'd recovered it and sent him the picture of it. " I'll be there in 45 minutes!!" he beamed...he showed up with a totally different expression, and $70 worth of Max n Erma's gift cards!! Two happy guys lol...so Teleprospector, I can relate to the feeling, getting out of one's self to think of someone else in need. The free steak that night wasn't bad either! Way to go, it's a feeling that stays with you for a while...Ddf

Thank you!
Your adventure turned out well too! Thank you for sharing!
Jon

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Another Honorable Mention coming your way!!!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Totally awesome! The smiles never lie! Returns/recoveries are cool in the highest way. Honorable Mention!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done sir.

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh that was needed today...very grateful you were able to help them.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job! Congrats! :icon_salut:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job on the recovery and return, congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread