Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I returned from England yesterday, and received my first request to help a family recover items from their destroyed home in the Coffey Park area of Santa Rosa. The EPA and other authorities have just opened the area to residents. It has been three weeks since the fire and what I saw can only be described as shocking. Some 500 burned out homes lie in the one area. Only one part of a massive tragedy. It was soon apparent that metal detectors were useless. Foundations are full of ash, sheetrock, and metal. Step 1: Remove all sizable metal from target area; rake out large debris like tile and insulation. Step 2: Organize the family to begin the sifting process, some filling buckets with debris, some sifting, some raking. Discoveries were small and hard won, so every discovery brought new hope, but, ultimately, closure to the family. This is only my first recovery effort, and the knowledge I have gained will help me help other families, and keep everyone's expectations realistic.

Attachments

• IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    780.7 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    786.5 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    440 KB · Views: 121

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go Qball! You're doing good work. Your recovery assistance with a MD never occurred to me before. Just a great idea!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread