All Treasure Hunting

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My gosh--Where is the justice in that? Getting your metal detector stolen is a real shame. Thank you for your find and return on the ring. It would be nice to hear some of the details of that; how long the ring had be lost, tracing the individual, and finally, their reaction to your return. It sounds like you are not letting the theft get you down, and that's good. Keep up the good work!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Great pix. Great story. Great deed. Love those Sherlock Holmes "who-dunnit-mystery" solved ring-repatriation stories.

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring and recovery NFMF! Agree with CAT, more details of the story would motivate us all to do a good deed such as you have done. How do you like the AT Max? Thanks.

OP
OP
nofishmofo

nofishmofo

Apr 22, 2015
Tahuya, Washington
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garret ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After I cleaned up the ring I could not stop thinking about the name on the inside. I looked up the name on facebook and I got four hits. One guy was out on the east coast the other three were grandfather, father, and son, all had same name and all were still local. The sons age matched his graduating year. I sent him a message explaining that I had something valuable of his I just needed his middle name and his school to make sure I had the right person. He responded thinking it was some kind of scam, I again told him it was real. The middle name and school were the two things only he would know. It took a couple days but he finally responded, Everything matched. I told him I had found his class ring while metal detecting. He told me of how he lost his ring before he graduated, and his parents bought him a new one. He never thought he would see it again and had actually totally forgot about it. The ring had been in the ground 21 years. I told him where I found it and he said his parents still live a couple blocks from there. We met a week later and he thanked me at least 10 times. He could not believe that I went through the effort of tracking him down. Returning the ring was just as exciting as finding it. On another note, I am loving my new at max. I had been using the at pro for a couple years and I was really in tune with that machine. The at max is very sensitive, and a little different but I feel I will have that same confidence in time. Thanks for reading

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the find and return. A super Honorable Mention! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread