🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Class Ring Return

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepseekers ADS and I went metal detecting at a couple of local swimming holes Sunday evening. At the first one, I got a Bassett High School Class Ring in waist deep water and a nickel. At the second one, there were two kids playing in the water. The boy asked if I could find his blue goggles. I explained that the detector would not pick them up but I would watch for them. I found another nickel, dime, quarter, fitbit watch, and some trash. The kids left before I got done. When I walked out of the water, the blue goggles were wrapped around my left ankle. My wife ID'd the kid and I posted on the local facebook page that I was trying to find him to return his ring. His mom received a message from a friend about my post and contacted me. Her son had lost the ring, that he had for less than 4 months, and DIDN'T Tell his Parents. They found out it was lost through Facebook. Not Good! His father is with the local Sheriffs Department and I dropped the ring off there to him today. As I was leaving, I told him to tell his son to leave the ring in his car next time he went in the water. He said that his kid wasn't getting the ring back until he turned 18! He even offered me $25 for finding it. I refused the money but accepted his thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1921.JPG
    IMG_1921.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1922.JPG
    IMG_1922.JPG
    392.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I have seen, he is a good kid. He goes to church, plays tuba in the high school band and is in ROTC. His BIG Mistake was not telling his parents that he lost it.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They don’t make them in gold anymore do they? Anyway that was a nice thing for you to do and now you have a friend at the sheriff’s office. Never hurts. Congratulations

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Good deal! And you already received the Honorable Mention!

Seems an odd thing, I didn't know you'd made your way to the beach and had a set of goggles around your ankle. So did I on the same hunt, green goggles around my ankle!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt and excellent ring find/return! :occasion14:

Funny, I have found a few Fitbit watches this year...:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dummy Me didn't even know what the fitbit was. I saw it on the bottom and scooped it up like I do other trash. I picked it up when I got home and it lit up.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don’t make them in gold anymore do they? Anyway that was a nice thing for you to do and now you have a friend at the sheriff’s office. Never hurts. Congratulations
You should still be able to order them in your choice of metals, depending on how much you can/want to spend. I would hope anyway.

Way to go Steve. Good karma is coming your way. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread