πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION 5 minute hard... 14k white gold wedding band returned!

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a call Wednesday (6/20/18) from Tim. While doing some yard work and planting some bushes at his home the previous Friday he had realized that he had lost his wedding ring.

His 14k white gold wedding band had been a replacement for a wedding ring that he had lost a few years before. It had always fit a little loose and after planting the first bush he noticed it lying on the ground. He quickly picked it up and placed it back on his finger while thinking to himself that he really needed to get something done about the loose fit to avoid losing it. Minutes later after finishing his yard work he realized he had lost the ring yet again before he made it into the house. He related his story to me telling me that he was fairly confident that he knew a general area where it may have been lost. He was reviewing his options on what he should do. Should I buy a metal detector and try to locate it? Should I try to order a new ring? (Kind of pricey to keep doing that.)

After a few questions I told him that I was fairly confident is that it could successfully be recovered and most likely in a very short amount of time. It had too most likely be in the area he thought and right on top of the ground. We made plans to get together Saturday (6/23/18).

Since the area was small and the target should be right on the surface of the ground I thought it might be fun to bring along a second metal detector so that he could try his hand at it as well. I set the detector up for him and after taking a few minutes to show him what a white gold ring would ring up like on the machine and explaining that it should be right on the surface of the ground we were off and looking for his missing ring.

Imagine the surprise when 5 minutes or so later I came back to where he was searching and asked his wife if she could take a picture for me. She kindly replied that she could take a picture for me and then I turned to Tim and asked him if a picture of this would be good.

I gladly held my hand out and handed him back his lost wedding ring!

5-minute hunt… 14k white gold wedding band recovered and returned…. Happy to see the ring returned and another happy ending! So glad to be a part of it!

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• KIMG0629.JPG
    KIMG0629.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 154
  • KIMG0631~2.JPG
    KIMG0631~2.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 143
  • KIMG0633.JPG
    KIMG0633.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 158
  • KIMG0632.JPG
    KIMG0632.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ending to a nice story. Congrats on the recovery and the return.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the return and shedding a good light on the hobby I nominate for "Honorable Mention".

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind remarks all! Glad you enjoyed the story Of the return. The owner said it had been fitting loose for a while. I did recommend after returning the ring that he may want to look into getting it resized so that this does not happen again.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice story and ring return!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good for you with your good deed and quick recovery of the ring!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great feeling when you can return a lost symbol of fidelity and love to someone.........
Honorable Mention well deserved!!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, Honorable Mention for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread