πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Third Time's A Charm!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This pictured gentleman had his titanium wedding ring slip off back on Memorial day. I returned his call and he texted me a pic of the area where he thought they were. The area was roughly a football field size. I headed out on my own shortly after and did a quick check with my MXT in the most likely area. Did not come up with anything but lots of trash and trash masking more trash.
Since I didn't have a target I.D. for titanium I went to my friend's jewelry store and he happily provided some samples of titanium rings in the approximate size of the lost one. So now I knew what to look for on the MXT meter and ignore everything else. At home that night I also started to photo dowse the image and got a repeatable signal in a certain area as indicated by the 2 arrows pointing towards each other as well as the dashed line indicating the titanium ring's fundamental ray and opposite ray. That's a given that the ring was there.
So I went out a second time and met the man who lost the ring and we walked the area for as long as he could stay. I didn't have my dowsing rod with me as this was a short notice meet with him. Did not search the photo dowsed area at this time as there were people sitting out picknicking, frisbee and what not and didn't want to draw attention to a certain area. So a third visit today turned out productive. When I got on site, I went thru my usual dowsing procedure going off the photo dowse and got an area intersected where to metal detect. Still a large area but when the MXT signaled +18 I knew I got it! It was fairly close to where the red x is on the photo where this beautiful ring was hiding just below the grass, in fact I saw half of it peeking thru the grass I'm surprised no one saw it and picked it up. It was in the shade of a tree but had it been in the sun someone for sure would have saw the glint from the sun off it and grabbed it. So I immediately texted him with excitement and he wanted to meet today to get it back. He first tho had to cancel the order he had placed for a new one! So I learned something today I already knew but since I havn't gotten "skunked" like this in awhile, that is don't give up on finding things out there, keep at it, persist and you will succeed even if your third time isn't a charm!
Jon
RFbisleTiNessAsIs6-18-30.jpg RFbisleTiNess6-18-30.jpg RFbisleTiVert6-30-18.jpg RFbisleTiHoriz6-30-18.jpg RFbisleTiJ6-30-18.jpg RFbisleTiCrop6-30-18.jpg RFbisleTidowsedMap6-30-18.jpg

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your persistence paid off. Congrats on the ring find and that was a great deed. I’m sure he was very appreciative. I vote honourable mention.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, great job! You have some good karma headed your way.
HH
dts

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find and return! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your persistence paid off. Congrats on the ring find and that was a great deed. I’m sure he was very appreciative. I vote honourable mention.
Thank you my new friend!
Jon

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great job! You have some good karma headed your way.
HH
dts
Thank you dts52! Wishing everyone a great and productive tr hunting season!
Jon

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congrats to both of you.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done feels good doing stuff like that

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread