πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Found wallet in Illinois = One happy man from Florida !

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not using a metal detector yesterday, but always searching with my eyes. I spotted a wallet laying in the middle of the road as I was returning from one of my customers. Opened it up to get an address, and saw the 75 year old owner lived in Florida. No, it couldnt be as easy as walking it up to the house I found it in front of ! I drove up and down the street hoping to find a vehicle in a driveway with Florida Plates on it. No such luck. Continued searching the wallet, which held a Drivers License, SS card, 5 credit cards, A tiny copy of his wedding certificate, AARP card, Sams Club card, Medicare card and 3 - $2.00 bills. This thing was an identity thieves delight. Got home from work, and jumped on the internet. After a half hour search, I came up with someone that had the same last name, and only lived 2 blocks from where I found the wallet. My wife and I made the 15 minute drive to the town, and as I was rounding the corner, there sat a van in the driveway with Florida Plates ! This just had to be the owner. Knocked on the door, and a lady in her 70's answered. I asked if David ------- lived or was staying in the home. She said yes and by then he was at the door. Seeing his face match the Drivers License picture, I knew I had just found the owner. He said if he had some cash he would offer it to me. I said I didnt want anything more than a picture which he was happy to take. The smile on his and his wife's face was reward enough. By the way, they were visiting their son and he had set it on the roof of his van and left the driveway. When he went around a corner 2 blocks away, it fell off onto the road. 800 miles, yet only 15 minutes away! What a feel good moment! The man was born the same year ( 1943) and only one month apart from my own dad, who I lost almost 3 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0995[1].JPG
    IMG_0995[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 259
Last edited:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a Honorable Mention to me!!! Well done :occasion14:

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds honorable to me! There is something so rewarding about doing right and good and not expecting anything in return. Great story, picture, and deed. Thank You!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story! :occasion14:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deed my friend. Makes everyone feel good. Congrats

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Happy ending. Congrats :icon_thumright:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thunter, with all the craziness and horrible stuff going on around us in our country and the world as a whole, it is great to hear of a story such as this. Well done sir. Even though we have never met, you are a good and honest man. There used to be an old saying when gentlemen met. It was: " You're reputation proceeds you". Well sir, "You're reputation proceeds you". A great ending to a great story. Now this is news! Good news.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mega Kudos to you, I love reading stories with happy endings. Enjoy the elation of the good deed, it's a great feeling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread