πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Mothers heart pendant necklace returned.

dingode

Mar 28, 2007
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Saturday I went to a local park I hadn't been to before. I searched for almost 2 hours and had only dug trash. I called the hunt a bust and decided to call it quits. As I was heading back to the car I walked by the ball fields and got a penny signal about 1" deep. I hate digging penny's, but a penny is better than nothing at all. I used a screwdriver to pop the coin and was pleasantly surprised when a silver chain popped out. I took some care and dug out the whole heart pendant and necklace with no damage. The next field over I got a nickel signal and again used the old trusty screwdriver to pop the coin and was once again surprised that another silver necklace popped out! This one was broken though and it took a few more sweeps to find all the pieces but I think I have them all.

Back to the pendant and chain. It had 3 names inscribed on it and with the help of the local Facebook block watch page I was able to find the owner and returned it. She had lost it 3 years ago and was sure it was gone forever. It was a gift from her children, whose names were the ones engraved on it. She was very happy to have it back. I love this part of the hobby.

Attachments

• willy.jpg
    willy.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 122
  • return.jpg
    return.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 123
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story, thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you are my hero of the day

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Way ta go. Congrats on the find.:occasion14:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the super find and return! Honorable Mention Vote Here!:hello2:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dingode, this was one great find, return to owner, and story to go along. Well done all the way around. Like said, this is A Great part of our hobby. You are a Goodwill Ambassador as to the hobby and to all involved.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job and congratulations on the Honorable Mention!!:hello2:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread