Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a wallet while digging clams this morning . It was all full of mud . I hosed it off when I got home .
No money but there is his drivers license , credit cards , etc. . I found him on Facebook , but he hasn't posted in over a year . . I will knock on his door tomorrow .
His father use to be the local chief of police .

Attachments

• DSCF0012.JPG
    DSCF0012.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 195

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it were me and I knew where the person lived I would mail it, without a return address but a printed note explaining where it was found. If there wasnt any cash for all you know that person's wallet was taken from him in an robbery. If so, you and I both know that you know nothing about it. But the cops don't know that and there is risk of a hassle.

Do the right thing, then run like hell. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to ask him in person - when he lost it , where he lost it . The Damariscotta River has powerfull tides . just curious .

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice gesture.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the address on his license , the place was empty .I talked to a neighbor - they said they moved away last spring . I went to another address I found on the internet - they said he didn't live there anymore . So I faced booked his father , he called in less than 5 minuets . He is going to text his son my phone number .
His father said he used to work on a oyster boat .

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I just cannot resist ethics = the right choices always give us the greatest satisfactions.

And those choices keep us straight up. A happy life is the one we live straight up.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take someone with you and have them video it for you :) Then post it for us to watch :)
Thank you IN ADVANCE HEHEHE

Last edited:

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found wallets/purses in creeks and woods in "vibrant and diverse" parts of town, and one rather off-putting spot I came across was a large concrete slab in the woods that was about 8 inches above the dirt, resting on rocks/rubble. I looked under the slab and saw gobs and gobs of pairs of shoes and something like 5 wallets all mysteriously owned by white folk, with trash, blunt wrappers, 100+ visible 40oz beer bottles laying around the area and a disgusting patch piled with months worth of human feces and plants around it killed by urine. I grabbed the wallets to deposit in a mailbox and got outta there quick before I got culturally enriched by the denizen(s) of that fetid lair too.

In a different state, I was exploring a similar blighted area and found the remnants of what must have been in a stolen purse or wallet but unfortunately nothing personally identifying. I guess they took the ID and credit/debit cards, but left a scatter of Gift Cards in the leaves which I picked up. One was a Kay Jeweler's gift card with 400 bucks on it!

Not sure how many of you do this, but often one sees gift cards in parking lots or in urban creeks (cards traveled down and out storm drains) and since they don't look like money most people leave them alone, but I always grab them and check the balances. More than 1/3 of the time in my experience they have money on them, sometimes a good amount.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave him his wallet a few minuets ago . He never got the text from his father , but his father called him today and gave him my number . I met him at the fire station down the road . He was amazed ! He said he lost it about 3 years ago when he was on the oyster boat .
Case # 1987746 CLOSED . LOL

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never fail to turn lost belongings in to someone. While working in a factory years ago the handyman came up to me and said he'd found a suitcase in the dumpster. We fished it out and with gloves on we ventured to open it. There was a full suit of ladies clothing right down to the frillies as well as her shoes and an empty purse. I had the receptionist call the Sheriff and he came out and looked. He wasn't a real agile man so he drove his cruiser through the empty field next door but found nothing.
They have must felt, as I did, that no lady leaves that much stuff behind on purpose and why would she throw it away in a factory dumpster. I don't know how they put it together, NCIC perhaps, but I read an article in the paper about a month later that they'd put it together with a dead woman they'd found nude just off an interstate on ramp about 80 miles away. After that they linked it to a missing persons report and found the two guys that did it.
When I see things like wallets and personal effects laying around it still gives me the willies.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reanm8er, that is pretty sinister, i'm sure I'd get the creeps too if I came so close to evil of that sort. It reminds me of a few incidents in Champaign, IL at Uni, during a crime wave of local hoodlums mugging students I found an aluminum baseball bat and machete next to each other in a dumpster which I was sure were associated with the crime wave. Got a real bad vibe from them. Around the same time, I was sneaking around a fenced-off excavation project for old bottles and found a wallet. It had a Hispanic man's Green-Card and other very precious items (for a non-citizen) in it, so the next day I found the apartment address and he was at home. He didn't really speak English well but I was able to explain how I found it and he explained that a gang of "Youths" had mugged him a few days before. When he first opened the door for me he seemed scared, but after he got his wallet back you could feel that a 100 ton weight had been lifted off his shoulders. One of those rare occasions when you tangibly sense that a few moments of your own time can mean the whole world for someone else.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just never know guys and the evil vibe is real enough to feel. The deputy never took our names or anything because he was probably just going through the motions. So I don't see how my name could have been listed in the court documents other than some guys at a local factory. Suits the heck out of me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread