🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Unearthed 1938 class ring and found owner

lovinlife

Oct 2, 2014
Beautiful Montana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awe that’s great! In highschool I was throwing pebbles at my bfriend (joking ofcourse) his class ring flew off my finger never to be found!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to t-net and congratulations on the nice find and as soon to be return!

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Great story and good job. I can't believe nobody had said anything about honorable mention so I will. Will be posting for just that now. Hope the return is as happy for you as for the og. owners family. Really, really cool thing you've done. Good luck.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful ring congrats! :occasion14:

A bigger congrats on finding the family to return that beautiful find! :notworthy:

Welcome to the forum form Massachusetts!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you identified the owner. But a 1938 graduate would be about 98 years old now. Is he still alive? Did you return it to him or his family? Your post is lacking some important details.
Sorry, I missed this part. That's what happens when you don't take time to read all posts on a thread ???
Found in Punta Gorda florida. When I got home I posted on a local Facebook page. Small town and everyone went crazy over it. Within 24 hrs we figured out who it was. Found out he’d passed in 94. Within another 24 hrs I was email with his granddaughter and daughter. Planning to meet up in next few weeks since there up in N florida and GA now. Can’t wait to meet and return to the oldest son who’s now almost 70. Links to Facebook group below. So cool

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures and job finding the next of kin. To you its a ring, to them a cherished memory!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Where did you find it? Park? Sports field?

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an amazing find and story. Congratulations and thank you for taking the extra time to research and locate the family. Imagine what that ring will mean to the family. Proud of you!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story Gage! It's stories like this that put our hobby in a positive light.

OP
OP
G

gage

Greenie
Dec 22, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Gage!
How awesome is that?
I know right where you found the ring, I’ve been driving by there for years, and I figured there might be some goodies there.... but a honker like that!?.... goes to show ya never know.
I haven’t had a decent hunt since we met that morning by your house.... did you ever check out that new empty lot?
It was loaded with trash, but I’m sure I left a few behind.
I’ve got a lot of crazy things going on life-wise, but if it all settles down soon, I’d like to drive up and get a hunt on....or you can come down here....

Thanks for the PM, but your link didn’t load, so I found this thread, and saw Peter and Kelly’s story about you....
Congrats on a job well done my friend!

OP
OP
G

gage

Greenie
Dec 22, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man. Yea when ever your freed up. Haven’t hunted to much down there but would love to join.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freakin nice ring and return great job Well done

Top Member Reactions