๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION Found one of my fav finds today....the owner :)

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Willy-Wonka-good-deed.jpg

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And when some kid knocks on her door asking to detect her yard, guess what she is going to say? Returning rings is great PR for the hobby. Well done. Gary

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the return Bob. Honorable mention vote from me also.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I voted Honorable Mention as well.

Question - I do it under the Banner flag and note that it's for an honorable mention.

How do other members do it?

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
I voted Honorable Mention as well.

Question - I do it under the Banner flag and note that it's for an honorable mention.

How do other members do it?

Hey Deep,

In Tapatalk, I have to do it by reporting the post and just note what Iโ€™m reporting it for(I.e. Banner, etc. )

OP
OP
Bob207

Bob207

Jul 4, 2014
Maine
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all for the replies! It was a great experience and the return was priceless. Hopefully the detecting gods will smile on me this year :)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Bob you make us all look good Well done Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention also

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Find and Return! Definitely Honorable Mention!

Kace

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for making my day and also making everyone who detects look good!! Honorable Mention just doesnโ€™t seem enough for post like yours I wish there was another term used for returning an item to its original owner

Agreed. However, the reward or acknowledgement really is in the act of getting it back to the owner and the look of astonishment when you hand it back to them.

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:weee: Congrats!! I love hearing these return stories. We still have some good hearted people out there.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Find and return Bob207 . Your not getting off that EASY !!! Now tell us how you found her and what did she say when you contacted her ?

OP
OP
Bob207

Bob207

Jul 4, 2014
Maine
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Find and return Bob207 . Your not getting off that EASY !!! Now tell us how you found her and what did she say when you contacted her ?

OK. Ill start at the beginning....The Ring had a bear on it so i Googled Easton Maine High School. Sure enough their mascot is the bears so I was confident I had the right school. Next I took to the internet to find a yearbook but no luck. This where it gets frustrating.... I contacted the school and explained i found a class ring from 1970 and asked if they had yearbooks at the school. The woman asked for the initials and said she would look it up and get back to me. After a week I got no call so I called them back and they said they know who it is. But its against the law to give out school records so they wont tell me her name. I asked if they found her in yearbook and she said yes. I asked if i were to drive 3 hours north if I could see it and she said yes. I asked if i can come see it, why cant you tell me over the phone? She said the yearbooks are school property and considered school records and its illegal to give out school records. She said the best they can do is try to contact her and give her my info and if she wants to contact me she can. I was kinda flabbergasted at that point. So a week or so goes by and a friend of mine who is signed up to a site called classmates contacted me and said he found 2 women who are on classmates and in her graduating class. He sent email to both of them and 3 months goes by and nothing... Then one day out of the blue he got email with her name. Once I had her maiden name I google searched Easton and her name and it took 10 minutes to find her. Her husband was a town manager for 23 years and retired in 2017. So I called the town office and asked if they could still get in touch with him and let him know about the ring. They were more than happy to help and that night the ring owner called me :) When I told her I think I found your class ring she immediately cut me off and said she lost it in july 1971 at a park in a specific town and near the river. I didnt even need to get to describing the ring, she told me exactly where it was found so I knew it was hers. They just happened to be coming through my town a few days later and did the return at my work. She didnt ask a whole lot about how I found her but more how she was surprised it was found after so long and i was good enough to go through the trouble of getting it back to her. She was pretty happy to get it back. Her husband said she been tellin all her friends about it the few days before the return :) One of my fav detecting moments and will gladly try to return again if I ever find another one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread