πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION AT PRO & Pinpointer Found in Spratt Park Woods Poughkeepsie - Call Me!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know how you lost these, or just got so excited about your find that you walked off and left them, but I have your AT Pro (you'll need to ID the stickers on the housing and upper rod), and your pinpointer, that was beside the hole you didn't fill :laughing7:

Call me 914-589-3985 I hunted the area for almost two-hours after I found your rig waiting for you to come back. Got some Indian Heads but not much else. :skullflag:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I take it you did not need a detector to find them? :laughing7:

You are a true gentleman Sir, :occasion14:

Just food for thought.....you may have shown up too late for the good stuff! :tongue3:

Last edited:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
It was the aliens, butt (lol) they took my tector and pointer and must have zoomed over yonder and left it next to a(nother) hole!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeez...I hope whoever those belong to wasn't taken against their will or killed. That's just too strange. I can't imagine finding anything so exciting to run off without those!

That's VERY KIND of you to look for the owner Terry.

Good Luck.. I'll be hoping for Good News!!

Kace

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually checked in with the Police Department, and gave them my contact info. I even tacked a note with my card in a plastic bag I found nearby, to a tree near the hole. I have been detecting that area for a couple years, and I've never seen another detector. Yeah, it's weird! ???

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MYSTERY SOLVED!!!!:hello2:

I got a telephone call from a fellow this morning, who told me a story I won't soon forget. Tom, dropped his very pregnant wife off at her job at Vassar College, and scooted over to the park to get in a couple hours of detecting on his day off. He had just dug his first Standing Liberty when his telephone rang. His wife's office manager was calling to tell him she had gone into labor and was on her way to the hospital by ambulance. He freaked, and forgot his detector and pinpointer as he ran back to his car, and sped off to the hospital.

He and his wife are now first time parents (little girl named Shannon). At some point last night Tom remembered the machine and pinpointer. When he went back this morning he found my note on the tree and called. Long story short, he'll be picking up the machine in a couple days after the baby comes home. How's that for a great story!!:occasion14:

zombie

Aug 30, 2016
Guelph, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Bounty Hunter DISCOVERY 1100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a happy ending if ever I heard one!
God job Terry.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story Terry, congrats on the return! :notworthy:

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry you should read him the riot act for not filling that hole before leaving! lol just kidding. Great job on a different yet just as satisfying return :)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the better stories I've read this year!!!

Terry, you've again become one of my heros!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad To Hear the Great News! I really thought this one might have a bad ending!

Excellent Job all the way around Terry! I'm sure he was both shocked and appreciative of the honesty and all of the effort you exuded trying to locate him to return his property.

Thanks For Sharing this Story and Definitely an Honorable Mention is in Order.

Kace

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice of you he's lucky somebody didn't walk off with it, that would be my luck. I don't leave mine for a second any place there might be other people around. HH

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going to get a pic when he comes down. Thanks everyone!!:occasion14:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thomas (Tom) Francis, made it down to White Plains, today, to pick up his AT Pro and pinpointer! Very nice guy, and he brought me a reward!!! His wife made me a dozen Jamaican Beef Patties (sandwiches)! WAY cool!!!:hello2:

Attachments

• IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 124

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread