πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Well, well, well....

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freaking sewer in front of my house got 3 inches of water in my car pulled my spark plugs cranked a gallon of water out hope a rod didn't get bent will see on sat yep I have some at stuff a battery pack rechargeable lasts forever I'll hook ya up my brother. Don't burn down the woods bro, have fun stay safe I'll PM you Saturday get that Honorable mention badge....

Wow Tommy...u guys got hammered! As long as you didn't lean on the starter, or try to jump start it, you should be ok...but def change the plugs and the oil...let me kniw how that works out for you. As far as my Max being in the shop, it was doing that thing where it was going plain bonkers with sensitivity over 2 bars. Talked to the nicest girl at Garrett, who told me yep, I was still in warranty. Broke it down and sent out everything but the shaft. TWELVE days later, Fed Ex wheels in and there she is. Check this out-they repaired the control housing, replaced the (scratched) screen, and face plate. In the box was a NEW coil and coil cover, and they also included a new battery holder WITH batteries, and the plastic hardware that attaches the coil to the shaft. Customer service at its finest folks... Tommy hit me up and let me know how things are going, crap I wished I lived closer I'd tool up and head that way. Good luck Bro! Ddf.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post and gesture DDF. It made me tired just reading your post. Honorable mention from me also, how could you not ? Love the License plate.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodwill and hard work. You will be rewarded!

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you made a couple friends that day. Be fun to stop in on another warm day and ask for nice cool glass of "that there well water". Good on you!!!

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you made a couple friends that day. Be fun to stop in on another warm day and ask for nice cool glass of "that there well water". Good on you!!!

Thx Bodkin, but I'm not sure I could find that place again, heck I almost didn't make it back to civilization lol... and thx again, Ddf.

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodwill and hard work. You will be rewarded!

Thank you Sub! I was rewarded with a high that kept a smile on my face for a good while! The funny thing is, they seemed...perplexed that I did not want anything for my help... I guess that's what today's society has become, sadly...yes there IS such a thing as a free lunch, you just gotta talk to the right people it seems. Thx very much, Ddf.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love your plate and story! Very kind of you. I think I would have accepted the water....maybe even the beer LOL after that heat! As Jeff says...”Well done!l

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top shelf stuff you did there...helping others is so often its own reward...

Nicely done, and you lost weight from sweatin' so much...I was heading to the AC just lookin at the photos...

barongan

Jul 26, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff, That was incredibly kind of you
o.png

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was extremely nice of you to do that for them and it sounds like you made a family very happy. I wonder if now there will be a family fight on who knew it was closer lol. Also when I looked at that spool of wire I thought it was blasting fuse for fuse type blasting caps. It looks just like it. Hopefully good karma will come from your good deed!

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was extremely nice of you to do that for them and it sounds like you made a family very happy. I wonder if now there will be a family fight on who knew it was closer lol. Also when I looked at that spool of wire I thought it was blasting fuse for fuse type blasting caps. It looks just like it. Hopefully good karma will come from your good deed!

Ha! That never crossed my mind...maybe they had a little pool or lottery going and whoever was closest got first shower! Ddf.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work on the finding the well! Now, did you get permission to hunt there???

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work on the finding the well! Now, did you get permission to hunt there???

O yes, permission granted...but I bolted. With temps in the 90's and the humidity over 90%, I crawled in the war wagon, cranked up the a/c and hit the road. Plus, there was a LOT of construction stuff strewn about and the house was cut into a hillside. Thx smallfoot, Ddf.

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story. Love the plate.

Thx hill billiez, I get a lot of comments on my plates, especially people asking "what the heck does DTECTIN mean?"... which is cool, bcoz I'll explain it to them and then ask them where their old farm is lol...Ddf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread