๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION Ring Return in less than 10 minutes!

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok so it was not that hard, the owner(holding the ring) only lost it on Sunday, but he knew it was somewhere in his backyard and while it wasn't that big of a yard, the 2 of us had the whole area to cover. So I got out my Makro Racer 2 with my big CORS Scout coil and lengthened the shaft to full size and started swinging. It also helped to know that a white gold ring will come up at around 30-36 on the Makro Racer 2. We had gotten that reading from his wife's slightly smaller ring. I just notched out all signals above 40 so as not to fall into the lure of the quarter/aluminum siding pieces that are so tempting. My friend Jerry, the one in the Left Hand Brewing tee-shirt was not so lucky. When we first arrived I found him digging in the yard after one of those aluminum siding pieces. It was at that point that I knew I had lost him :laughing7: The CORS Scout coil while not as big as the other NEL/Cors coils is still quite a beast and will cover the ground in short order. It took less than 10 minutes to find the ring. The guy was super happy as were we. We left there to hit a local park where I then found a 1952 quarter in about 5 minutes of swinging. Happy Hunting everyone, Karma is it's own reward!

FB_IMG_1566864136060[1].jpg

Last edited:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!!Good Job !!! Congrats!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention that's a great story good job from all of us. Tommy

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got the Honorable mention

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone for nominating me. I'm currently on another lost ring quest and like the other 3 its a White gold band. This one is in the water and although I'm not very optimistic I'm certainly going to try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread