Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went to the beach the other day and decided to try metal detecting in the water instead of the dry sand. Who knows, maybe I will have some luck today. Anyway, I was approached by a lady that had lost her 10 year anniversary ring while playing catch in the water. Lucky for her she knew the location when the ball knocked the ring off her finger, but unfortunately she was already in deep water. We all know sand swallows just about any item and gold is heavy. Plus in deep water? So we both waded out into water... knee high, waist high..the water was chest deep. She used landmarks on the beach she remembered to help determine the location in the water. I began gridding the area listening for any targets. I dug a few targets with the Equinox 800..a nickel, and then a quarter. She returned to the beach and I continued to sweep the area with the Equinox 800. The third target was a repeatable 15,16,17. hmm sounds pretty good.. could be a pull tab, bottle cap, nickel or the ring. It was a ring in the scoop!.. a gold ring at that.. : ).. first scoop. I knew it had to be hers. I waded into the beach and showed her the scoop. She couldn't believe that I found her ring. She was so excited, she thought she would never see the ring again.She thanked me, gave me a hug, she was so grateful. A week later she sent me a picture of the ring with a thank you note and some$$. Thanks for reading the post... HH&GL..

Gold Ring Recovered Crop.jpg

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable Mention the Knight in shinning armor great job thats a good feeling that ring had to mean alot to her. You are a person who did a good deed congrats... Well done my friend Tommy

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Yellow Nectar!!! Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great work, congrats on the recovery/return. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Agent Green

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments and thanks for looking.. GL & HH...

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Thanks for spending the time to find her ring, Agent Green. That's what give TH'ers a good name.

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am glad that you had the experience and professionalism to carry off the recovery. In chest deep water, many of us may have had the desire, but not the chops to do so. You were in the right place and time to help save the day for the lucky lady. Thank you for helping give our hobby a good name.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Agent Green

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the best feeling in the world to recover and return a lost item. People are just amazed when a lost treasure is found. I was lucky enough to return a new brides wedding ring in the Bahamas 2 years ago but was not able to post. I have always wanted to metal detect and it turned out to be a great hobby. Your able to meet all kinds of great people, exchange stories, and share posts. You just never know what treasure may be in your scoop... ; )... Thanks for the comments... HH & GL!!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recovery! That's great you could return it. Good going!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dieselfool

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job and a good return. Once my buddy was detecting a beach and a woman came up, asking if he could find her gold ring she lost about an hour earlier in 4' of water. So Alfie looked for about 15 minutes when he got a good signal! He had found a gold ring. Trouble is, it was a man's ring. He did not find her ring even though he searched until dark. I mean....what are the odds. He went back a few times but never found anything decent.

OP
OP
Agent Green

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone... HH & GL

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome recovery! Feels good doesn’t it?... my favorite part of metal detecting.

DIYMetalDetector

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2019
Port Angeles
Detector(s) used
Home Made Pulse Induction 12v
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inspiration

Sweetness! We live near the ocean, so we will take our first metal detecting beach trip tomorrow! Thanks for the inspiration.:angel7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions