VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m out at my favorite field, finally because work has been out of control! Pulling some great buttons and a couple of musket balls. All of a sudden I hear “Hi”, when I turn around there is this guy standing there with a weed wacker in his hands. The gentleman across the street that was cutting his grass came over to ask what I was finding, tractor parts? I laughed and said “No” and showed him some buttons and musket balls. He made a comment to me about how he always was interested in history. I explained to him about “The Quaker Square” and that I thought there might be a house from the colony on his property. Then he tells me he lost his wedding ring….I told him I would love to try to find it for him. Yesterday he was out in his yard and I stopped and asked him if he would like to find his ring today and he replied “Yes”! This is when he showed me the general location and began to tell me the story of how he lost it.
He and his wife were planting trees in the yard years ago where they were in the process of building their new home and got his truck stuck when they were leaving. He said he used his hands to dig around the tires and then he told his wife to floor it and she got the truck out! She told him that he couldn’t get in the truck, you are covered in mud so she made him ride in the back of the truck and it took them 15 minutes to get home. After getting home he realized he had lost his wedding ring. They had only been married for a month. They gave up finding it. Fast forward to yesterday, after getting a general location in the yard, I went to work. I found enough can slaw to almost put a Labatt’s blue can together. I got a nice great hit, a nice button with silver wash! About ten feet away another great hit, I flipped the plug and there it was!! I can see a half moon of gold! I yelled for him to come over. He said are you sure that’s mine? Laughing I told him the odds of 2 rings lost this close is impossible! I asked him to do the extraction and he said what’s that? Taking his phone to make a video,he reaches into the hole and pulls out his ring!! Diamonds and all, looking like it did 25 years ago when he had lost it! He was the last to touch it 25 years ago and the first to touch it yesterday, the look on this face was priceless!! This has been by far the BEST find of my 40 years of detecting! Happy Hunting and DIG it All ED Screenshot_2019-08-31-17-30-07.png Screenshot_2019-09-01-13-25-31.png

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the return! Doing things like this reflects well on our hobby. I voted an honorable mention. Good luck - You deserve it.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the fact you let him finish the recovery.Very cool he was the last and first to touch it in 25 years.

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are now the official ambassador to our hobby. Congratulations on an excellent find and recovery!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome return !!! Congrats!!!! I really like the part of the last one to touch it and the first one to touch it again!!!
Very Nice!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome story, great find/return! :occasion14:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to be! Great job at finding it!

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You always reap what you sow, and you sowed some good seed there. The time will come when it will be returned!

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Good JUJU headed your way over this. They guy will probably let you hunt his property and mightr fix you up for more. Damn good deed! Good luck.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!!! Hands down a honorable mention!

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
A great story! A great effort and return. Imagine what he'll say to his friends, family, and co-workers if he's still in the work force.

An Honorable Mention from me for certain.

Grease

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome story and return.

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing story, recovery & return ! Congrats & nice going. Something you both will always remember fondly. A sentimental item
that would have been lost forever if not for YOU & your good nature !

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honorable mention I had a similar experiance in my profile. Thats an amazing feeling to do that glad you did priceless well did you get permission to hunt his property lol Great story

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bravo Sir! That guy will never forget you and the favor you did for him!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread