VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day started out on a new permission I recently obtained……. After a phone call the owner was not going to be home. He wanted to show me where dirt had been moved with a bulldozer and had Iron buried in it. Disappointed at my 1850 house I could not visit, I called my buddy and said we needed a new plan and said “how about the guy who lost his wedding band, guaranteed able to go!
Arriving at the homeowners (Bob) house I noticed all the leaves were gone?? I asked, “when did you do the leaves?” The owner said, “that’s the last bags of them right there!” He got rid of a bunch of them last week. Thinking to myself, I hope he didn’t rake it into a bag of leaves. I took my wedding band off and threw it on the ground so we could both get a number 38-39, pull tab or ring. Then the neighbor starts his lawn mower with a leaf bagger! I realize then that I left my headphones at home. Less than 10 minutes in there’s a descent hit by the fire pit. Repeatable signal but way low, 35. Decided to cut a small plug and there it was 2 ½ inches in the mud.
Back Story: Bob’s father had passed away when he was 18 years old. When Bob and his wife Ann were getting married years ago, Bob’s mother gave them his fathers and her wedding bands.
Bob was reunited with his and his father’s wedding band again today.
Later, Bob says to me “what do I owe you” and I replied, “the look on your face as you plucked it from the ground is priceless to me, that is enough!”
This is the second wedding band ring recovery and return in 2 months!
Dig it All, ED
Screenshot_2019-11-03-15-42-18.png Screenshot_2019-11-03-15-44-25.png

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a deed well done and a great story to go with it! :thumbsup:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

dieselfool

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great! But 2.5 inches down...how long was it lost?

OP
OP
VERMONTIS

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6 weeks and a lot of rain,being next to the fire pit and his chair getting up and down. Getting a beer ,throwing on a log. I might have stepped on it 3 or 4 times? Just happy to put a sparkle back in there eyes:thumbsup:

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice story, makes you feel really good to find someones priceless family heirloom congrats! you have my vote for Honorable Mention too!:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions