Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 1984 class ring back in October. I called the high school and they said they would check on who might own it and get back to me but they never called me back. So recently I went online and tried to track the owner. I have found how to get year books online and it has really made the process of returning rings easier. So I found the yearbook for that year and found the young ladyโ€˜s name who owned the ring. I checked that name and the city where the school is located which is in West Virginia across the river from where I live. I found some people with the same last name, one that I believe may have been her mother and it had a list of phone numbers and also listed relatives. Today I started calling those numbers and one of the relatives was her first name with a different last name so I was presuming that maybe she had gotten married. I went ahead and tried the phone numbers for this lady who I thought was her mother. They were all disconnected or the people who answered were not who I was looking for so I looked at another person with the same last name. I tried the list of phone numbers for that relative and I the same results, either wrong number or disconnected so I finally decided to looked up the young ladyโ€™s name with her presumed married name online and found someone who is 53 years old with the same middle initial that was in the class ring. I figured that might be it and I was right. When I called it was the right class, the right year, the right school and she knew where I found the ring. It turns out her boyfriend had lost it playing football on a church picnic area field. At the time they looked and looked and couldnโ€™t find it. It was lost in 1985 so the ring has been In the ground for over 34 years. I arranged to meet her today so I could return her ring after she got off work.

1EF83C9B-2199-462C-912F-B90BA07915F4.jpeg

Here she is with her ring. She was surprised I found the ring and really glad to get it back as you can see.

53CA6EE1-D50F-470E-B261-DA8B516B5DA9.jpeg

I am really on a roll. That is the third class ring I have been able to return this week. Finding a web site where you can view a wide range of high school yearbooks has been a great help. Now I have to go back through some of the rings I wrote off a long time ago because the school could not provide a name for the owner. Maybe I will have some more luck. The last ring in the current batch is actually a post high school technical school ring. I recently called the school for the second time and was promised some info soon. This school has branches all over the country(23 at present count) so I need to see which location he graduated from so I know where to start my search.

3 rings returned in 5 days and all 3 were found on football fields. One lost by a coach and 2 lost by boys wearing their girlโ€™s ring. I am a happy camper. Finding a class ring that has the initials or a name and a school I can locate makes me feel opligated to do just that. When I canโ€™t it really bothers me so this week has been great in my book. Three class rings found in the past 4 months and all 3 returned. All 3 offered to pay me, but I refused because it is not about the money, it is about doing the right thing. Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things.

Digg Mo

Oct 18, 2006
Texas
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Sidewinder,Tesoro Conquistador, Tesoro Tigershark, Troy Shadow X2, Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome on the ring returns.:occasion14:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another great find & return !! You ARE on a roll for sure ! CONGRATS AGAIN !!!

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
An Honorable mention from me sir! Great story and effort getting the ring back to the owner.
Congratulations to you.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great story and nice find. Itโ€™s fun to return class rings.

dieselfool

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! I hope you made all the people really happy!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! I hope you made all the people really happy!

Yes they were all very happy as was I. Now to work on trying to make some more folks happy. Stay tuned and keep swingin.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job well desrved

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread