Class Ring Returned...

brvan71

Oct 30, 2007
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Well, I hadn't found any rings in a while, but today that changed. I only had about 5 minutes to detect at the church where I serve as Music and Youth Pastor. Didn't expect to find anything but a few newer clad coins, but lo and behold the first find out of the ground was a class ring from 1998. I'm already trying to run down the rightful owner. I do have a question, however, about a ring that I found a while ago. It is a wedding band that is inscribed inside the ring with the 14 karat but also the letters BM right on top of the 14 Karat. What does the BM stand for? Sorry guys no pictures of the wedding band, but I look forward to making posts from time to time. God Bless!

Attachments

• DSC02956.JPG
    DSC02956.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 550

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A Class Ring

brvan71 said:
Well, I hadn't found any rings in a while, but today that changed. I only had about 5 minutes to detect at the church where I serve as Music and Youth Pastor. Didn't expect to find anything but a few newer clad coins, but lo and behold the first find out of the ground was a class ring from 1998. I'm already trying to run down the rightful owner. I do have a question, however, about a ring that I found a while ago. It is a wedding band that is inscribed inside the ring with the 14 karat but also the letters BM right on top of the 14 Karat. What does the BM stand for? Sorry guys no pictures of the wedding band, but I look forward to making posts from time to time. God Bless!

Welcome to TN. Great job on finding the class ring. Hopefully you can find the owner. Any chance of getting a clear picture?
Congrats,
MM

OP
OP
B

brvan71

Oct 30, 2007
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum

My wife's digital camera must not be very good. I could not get a good and close up pic without the distortion. Any suggestions? God Bless!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

C'mon, everybody knows what BM stands for! ;D Now that the Paul Lynde answer is out of the way, could it be initials? What kind of a church is this?

OP
OP
B

brvan71

Oct 30, 2007
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum

I'm a music and youth pastor at a Southern Baptist Church.

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster

Hi brvan,
Nice ring. The "BM" is no doubt a makers mark or initials. Jostens is one
of the larger makers of class rings, so a bit of reasearch should bring up
a companies name with the initials of BM.

HH Slabman

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

Great finds!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice find and welcome to TNT. I might make a suggestion on the picture taking. Try the Macro mode. It's the one with the tulip on it. It will take great close ups. Good Luck and thanks for posting.

HH< Ringfinder

OP
OP
B

brvan71

Oct 30, 2007
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum

Thanks for the photo lesson Ringfinder....Picture is much better!
God Bless!

OP
OP
B

brvan71

Oct 30, 2007
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Well, last week I posted that I had found a class ring in the yard of the church where I serve as Music and Youth Pastor. After a bit of cleaning I was able to make out the name of the individual who lost the ring. The last name matched the last name of a couple who attends our church. It was their eldest son's class ring and they were very pleased to have it returned. The interesting part of this story is that this couple did not even know that their son had lost his ring. The son has been out of high school for about 10 years and will probably be shocked that mom and dad have his ring that he never even told them that he lost. That ring might make a REAL interesting Christmas gift.... ;)

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
WTG! Always remember.....one good service done on Earth just might make a difference in Heaven.
HH,
Mel

borninok

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
borninok said:
WTG! Always remember.....one good service done on Earth just might make a difference in Heaven.
HH,
Mel

borninok

No good deed goes unpunished.... stolen freely from the movie "Next".

HH

Sanat

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring! The local paper added me in my search .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread