πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION I'm A Hero! I Found A Time Capusule

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This morning I was going back over a previously detected site with my new Vista X to see what I could find with it. I found part of a sterling bracelet that a lawnmower had chewed up, a Rosie dime, several wheat pennies, and a few clad coins. I was about to call it a day when this lady drove up and asked me if I charged anything to find lost items. She said that she had helped her 8-year-old granddaughter bury a time capsule in her backyard. Now that her granddaughter has graduated college they want to recover the time capsule, but they can't find it.

I told the lady that I don't charge people to recover lost items, but I do expect to be able to keep all the other stuff that I find while searching. I got her address and told her that I would load up and meet her at her house. When I got there she knew the general area where it was buried, but she couldn't remember what it was buried in or what was in the time capsule. She said it could have been a shoebox. I knew right then that I had to dig everything above iron.

I begin my grid search and started digging all good and bad sounding targets no matter what the size because I really didn't know what I was looking for. I was finding wheat pennies, clad coins, bolts, aluminum foil, large pieces of metal, can slaw, and pry caps.

Finally, I got my search coil over a weird sounding target that I normally wouldn't have dug. I dug down about 7- inches and pull out a square tin container lid. I dug some more and pulled out a small tin box full of items. Jackpot! It contained coins, colored stones, earrings, a ring, a letter, and some other items. You talk about a happy grandmother, she was totally elated.

Anyhow, I ended up getting permission to come and detect her and her sister's yard anytime that I please. The yard is huge, so it's going to take me a week or so to detect it properly. Hopefully, since I'll be seen out there all the time, I'll end up getting some permissions from the neighbors.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_0984.JPG
    IMG_0984.JPG
    647.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0985.JPG
    IMG_0985.JPG
    406.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0986.JPG
    IMG_0986.JPG
    871.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0987.JPG
    IMG_0987.JPG
    392.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0988.JPG
    IMG_0988.JPG
    648 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0991.JPG
    IMG_0991.JPG
    588.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0992.JPG
    IMG_0992.JPG
    603.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a pretty AWESOME day!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HONORABLE MENTION Now thats a great story . I bet they were very happy and even forgot what was in it thats diggin history right there. Plus some permissions Good Job!!!!!!!!!!!Tommy

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go tabman!

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats what we all hunt for! Awesome story. Honorable Mention for sure.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's what im talkin about. Nice job.:icon_thumright:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! :occasion18: Great Job tabman! Box should be a banner find! That's a rare find and the people who buried it are still alive, Double score!
Jon 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on finding that box Tabman. Hope the rest of the yard produces something for you. Honorable mention from me.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think you had a great day, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Everyone!

tabman

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
How cool is that!!!! Well done, tabman! :icon_thumleft: