๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION Returned class ring. Great find, but even greater out come.

Acojoe

Oct 28, 2018
Pittsfield, Ma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1593464567.982704.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1593464586.124539.jpg
So on Saturday I went out with Cheffer to some open public land two town away from us. We did not find much, but then I got an 81 on my ORX, dug the plug and down 3 inches was this mans class ring. We noticed that it was from a high school that we are aware of in our county and it was the class of 1966.

When I got home I could see initials in it, I tried to look up the year book from that year on line but had no luck, then I thought I would try and call the school but thinking they would be closed for the summer, to my amazement the superintendent of the school answered. I explained why I was calling to try and find the owner of the ring and hope he was still alive or may be a relative He said that he would do some research and get back to me.

So the superintendent call back and told me that not only was the owner still alive but he lives in you city and is waiting for your call.

So as of 4 pm today, ring retuned, he was thrilled. He told me that he wore it everyday but about 4 years ago he lost it while hiking and thought he would never see it again, we chatted for about an hour, nice guy.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not just because you're a fellow Mass hunter, but great story and return- you're a credit to what we do. Strong work- Congrats!

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome Joe, glad you got to have it for a couple days and then return to its rightful owner. Still waiting for a callback on mine from Kaynor. A story now you can both tell for years to come.

guardez

Apr 19, 2014
SEMO
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 Pro Pack ,Tesoro DeLeon, Outlaw, Compadre,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good luck

A return of lost property always brings good luck. Hope you find some gold eagles.

Guardez

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thatโ€™s awesome Joe! There are so many benefits to this hobby outside of what we get to find and keep for ourselves!

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story! Kudos to you for returning the class ring to its rightful owner...good karma there!

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
As my brother in law used to say "you're a gentleman and a scallop ".

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the find and the return! You are a credit to humanity and have created some great PR for the hobby! Thanks!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Acojoe, great find and even better return. I really enjoyed reading your write up. Definitely worthy of a Honorable Mention. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Saltwater60

Jun 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thatโ€™s such a great story. So cool. Great find and great ending.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and return. Glad you took the time, and you get an Honorable mention from me.

Jul 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thatโ€™s amazing Joe! There're several benefits to this hobby outside of what we get to find and keep for ourselves!

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SUPER-nice thing you did there! Here's to all the good karma coming your way. May you find something 5x as old and valuable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread