πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Gold Earring return, cash coin, and 1920s coin spill!

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy folks! I had a rough start to the day with my first two (rather brief) hunts turning up nothing. On my way to the third spot I stopped at an old looking house and introduced myself. The lady immediately told me she lost one of her grandmothers gold earrings and told me where(ish) she thought it would be and let me scan the match. After about fifteen minutes I had dug four targets... an Indian (first), a buff, a wheat, and a piece of iron. Next target, you probably guessed, was the other earring! I ran over to the lady and showed her my finds and she said I was an answer to her prayer and she insisted on giving me a ten dollar bill she had, I said it was fun digging it and I didn't need the money. She used the gas money excuse and I told her I live literally half a mile away. I insisted but she practically forced me to keep it lol.

After that I found a few more wheats from 1910s and 20s from the same place as the other coins and what I believe is a Qianlong cash coin... which, if I am correct, would be from 1736 to 1796. Feel free to correct me on that. I also dug a few neat relics... whole spoon, keyhole frame thing and a few other which I think are still in my bucket. A great day of firsts for me! First gold, first cash coin, first jewelry return and first 1700s coin.

Oh, and also a lincoln penny. Of course.
IMG_3083.JPG
First fifteen minutes of hunting!
IMG_3094.JPG IMG_3093.JPG
Cash Coin
IMG_3085.JPG
The day's finds + owners matching earring.

Thanks for looking! Happy hunting to y'all!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Noah_D

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
*The last picture is missing a wheat or two I think, all the coins except the modern lincoln came from a pretty small area next to a super old apple tree. An IHP, buff, and three or four wheats.'

EDIT: AGH! The photos keep turning sideways. I'm pretty sure I had the cash coin properly oriented and now TNet decides to turn it lol.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice thing you did, returning the ear-ring. Grateful owners, want to show thankfulness in anyway they can...!

I understand, since I was privileged to return a wedding band for a man, and after getting his ring back, he shoved
$30 in my chest pocket....!
So, I took the wife out to dinner, and a movie....well, it was a Frosty and a video rental....but hey, why not? :laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt and return! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Noah_D

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks to both of you!
Very nice thing you did, returning the ear-ring. Grateful owners, want to show thankfulness in anyway they can...!

I understand, since I was privileged to return a wedding band for a man, and after getting his ring back, he shoved
$30 in my chest pocket....!
So, I took the wife out to dinner, and a movie....well, it was a Frosty and a video rental....but hey, why not? :laughing7:
Haha nice!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the finding and return.
The smile of happiness you create is more than worth it!
Kudos!
Carl

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice rewards for a job well done- Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2