DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I went to the local supermarket to get coffee and other things and I was talking to a friend of of my daughter while she was scanning my stuff. I told her I had been out with my metal detector. She said "I wish someone could find my little silver pink ice ring that I lost back in the 5th grade". I asked her where she lost it and she told me that she had lost it behind the grammar school on the play ground between the swings and the building. I asked her if she would recognize it if she saw it again. She said her uncle gave it to her and it was adjustable and she would know it for sure. She described exactly a ring I found in that general area in January of last year. I drove home and got the ring and took it back down there and handed it to her and she said that's it and started jumping up and down. She said she had got in trouble when she told her mom she lost it and she was going straight home to show her mother. That ring had been lost for about 10 years. I didn't get a picture of her because she was on duty but here's a pic of the ring. You all have a good one

DANGLANGLEY

Attachments

• IMG_1877.JPG
    IMG_1877.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,009
P

Pentico

Re: I found the owner to a ring I found in January last year

Now that is cool stuff!
Great job!
Chris & LeeAnn
2ColoNuts

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Wow now that's what I'm talking about. That memory is worth more than any ring. Hold onto that treasure Dan. What's the odd's of that ever happening?

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
WTG......I love stories with happy endings.

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Awesome story. I hope I can do that sometime.

A fellow I work with told me he lost his class ring 20 years ago when his then-girlfriend hurled it into a grassy area next to our local bowling alley. (She probably didn't stay his girlfriend very long.) When the snow thaws, I want to go out there and see if I can turn up anything.

I'm glad you could make that girls week by returning her long lost ring.

HH,

littledutch

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What a great story!

I know that as much pleasure as I get from finding a ring or jewelery it is way overmatched by the grief and sadness of the loser. What you had was the pleasure of finding the ring..PLUS the pleasure of finding the owner...AND the owner got the pleasure of being re-uniting with the ring! It just doesn't get any better than that!

CONGRATS!

Joe

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story.
Back in the late 80's I was on a date with a young lady. We went to the local sandwash to make out. On the way back to the car I had my class ring in my shoe I was carrying. Somewhere along the line it fell out. I was devastated. It was irreplaceable as the store I got it from in 1984 was out of business(and in another state) and it was custom by them.
Nearly ten years later i got a phone call asking if I had lost a ring. A young man was riding a dirt bike in that area and it stalled out. When he looked down and there it was. He looked inside and saw my name and looked me up in the phone book. I went to his house and picked it up. i had $17 to my name at the time and I gave it to him, wishing it could have been more.
The only damage was a little moisture got under the stone and discolored it a bit. It lives on a silver chain hanging in my bedroom now.

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
talk about being in the right place at the right time. that is way too cool.

cudos for making somebody very happy.

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Congrats in finding the owner. My hat is off to you.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fisher said:
Great story...Wow...what were the chances of that happening! Congrats.
HH
Great job Dang...what are the odd's!!

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Way to go Nathan ! !

Sometimes lady luck just slaps you, doesn't she.
There is a treasure hunting story you will never forget.

Kudos Buddy,

Thom

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Great story, Congrats on the return, small world huh?
Glenn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread