Lost for over two years,class ring found and returned same afternoon.

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ground has finally thawed enough to put some decent detecting time in with out traveling to the south. In a local park I found a gold 2005 class ring from a local high school. My son knew the owner, so I contacted his family yesterday. He is currently in Germany , so his father came to my house and I returned the ring. He said his son only wore it a few times before losing it, he gave me a nice reward and said his son would be very happy.
I also found 105 coins yesterday including 18 nickels, 30 dimes and 13 quarters,my third highest total so far this year and the best without leaving town. it is so nice not digging in frozen ground! Good hunting kane 23

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that was great and congrats on returning the ring, I am sure the son will be very happy

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you and congratulations on being an honest person. To return that class ring was integrity in action. I remember reading a post on TNet last year by a member saying he would not return any class rings because once they were lost they were fair game for finders. I felt kinda sad for that person because they were missing one of the best "finds" around.

cottonjim

Jan 12, 2007
S.W. MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Nice job with the ring kane. How come every other post I read somebody is rubbing in the fact that they don't have to dig in frozen ground, I'm starting to get irriatated ;D I wont be able to take the 'tector out of storage for another month yet >:( Owell, I have other peoples nice digs to keep me passive until then. HH
Jim

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a great way to end a hunt. I've returned only one ring to the girl that lost it, but as I told her, "It means more to you than it does to me"..

Three days later, I found an even better ring, gold instead of silver. Don't know if it was karma or what. ;D

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Good for you! I personally feel you did the right thing by returning the class ring. I also know people who find them that will keep them also and that is their choice and so be it....still feel you did the right thing!

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have returned many rings over the years,most people are greatful,but some are not.i found and returned another one just last November. If I can find the owner I return it. Jim sorry your ground is still frozen,if there is'nt a foot of snow you can still get coins out of the at least the first inch. I was doing that from the end of December until this last weekend, when a warmer wet storm thawed the ground. good hunting....kane 23

bnsfhobo

Aug 29, 2007
Oklahoma City
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's M6
Great job !! I am still waiting for my first "jewelry reunion". I think that will be as exciting as some of the old coin finds. (Some not all )

Hugh

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good things happen to those who do good deeds :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions