Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After showing my wife the beautiful rings and jewelry some of the other Tnetterā€™s have found she insisted that we go to Daytona Beach and go MDā€™ing during Spring Break. The first day, we hit in front of one of the clubs on the beach. I found some ā€˜blingā€™ and my wife found a fair amount of clad. I then found a ten dollar bill in the sand and the competition was on.

The next morning we did the same thing at the same place. This time I found a one dollar bill and a money clip with driverā€™s license, debit card and gift cards in the sand. I also found some assorted clad. My wife hates to be outdone so she found a twenty dollar bill in the sand and assorted clad.

The third day she had to play golf (retirement is tough) so I went alone to our favorite spot. Someone had gotten there before me. It was gridded out like a football field and all that was left was twelve cents in clad. That being the case I tried spot a little south of that spot and lo and behold I found twenty-five dollars in bills in the sand. Thatā€™s a total of fifty-six bucks for a few hours work.

When I got home I researched the name on the Driverā€™s License in the money clip I found the day before. I plugged it into the internet and it gave me a phone number in Louisville, KY. I called that number and left a message. An hour later I received a phone call from a concerned and relieved Mom. She said her son had called her that morning and told her of his lost money clip. She was able to contact him and in turn he contacted us to arrange a meeting.(see attached pic.) We met him at his hotel on the beach. He was one happy Spring Breaker. He had money to spend and ID to prove his age.

Attached is a picture of the ā€œblingā€ made of plated brass, the Spring Breakerā€™s money clip and a picture of one happy and sunburned breaker.

Attachments

• Hero2.jpg
    Hero2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 893
  • Hero1.jpg
    Hero1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 881
  • hero3s.jpg
    hero3s.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 877

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome Deal !

Good for you Daydream !

You make us Proud.

Jeff

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
That is way cool.

I love the way you put it "... one happy Spring Breaker. He had money to spend and ID to prove his age." He sure looked tickled - and relieved!

good job! :thumbsup:

HH
Nan

OP
OP
Patrol

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, we have always tried our best to find the owners of anything we find. Living with ourselves is more important than the money.

TE

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
What an awesome story! Sounds like you had a great time and you made one young man very happy! :icon_sunny:

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG....Wasn't that smile just great...HH and GL.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I love stories like this. He does look very happy. That sunburn gives me the ouchies!! WTG, Daydream! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Patrol

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect since he had two licenses - one making him 20 years old and the other 21 years old, he will be quite anesthetized by evening and the sunburn will be the least of his pain. He was a nice kid and the hotels kind of keep them out of trouble. They hang by the pool and party till the wee hours. The hotels try to keep them close with entertainment and activities. Not a bad life if you think about it.

Wish I was young again.

TE

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have done the Metal Detecting Hobby proud :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

OP
OP
Patrol

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the nice words. I told you that we had found $56 dollars in bills over two days scattered on the beach. Well my good deed was rewarded because the day after we gave that young fellow his valuables we found $25 more dollars lying in and on the sand.

TE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions