DeLeon Strikes Again-Ring Found!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I got a call this morning from an attorney friend that lost his wedding band while resodding his yard, he'd also moved and stacked rocks and scattered peat moss around the flower beds. I told him I'd try this evening after work but didn't have much time as I had a meeting at 7PM. I got off work, ran home and grabbed the DeLeon with the Clean Sweep coil as I figured I could cover more yard in a shorter time. Then Evy and I headed out to his house.

When we got there, he described the ring as a white gold and platinum band with a black band that runs around the middle. After hearing the description, I set the disc. right on iron, figuring that those metals would read way low. He said he'd go back inside and get us something to drink and I proceeded to work the sod 1st, hoping for the easy route. Low and behold, before he got back outside I got a signal that bounced between 17 and 49, settling in the low 30's. I flipped up the sod and there it was staring at me. I yelled and proceeded to high 5 everything in sight. Evy ran over and I showed her. About that time, Tom came out with the refreshments and asked what all the noise was about. I asked him if this would get him off the hook. He couldn't believe we actually found it as it was a special ring that they bought in Arubia when they got married and was valued at about $1,000.
He was very excited, shook my hand, shoved something in my shirt pocket, thanked me profusely many times and said come back and check his yard when I had more time as it was 6:45.
Thanks for looking. Sorry the pics aren't better, they were taken with an older digital camera. :-[

Attachments

• S1010008.JPG
    S1010008.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 660
  • S1010009.JPG
    S1010009.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 660
  • S1010006.JPG
    S1010006.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 654
  • S1010007.JPG
    S1010007.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 646

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job stoney ;D

HH

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Thanks guys! Pay no attention to the date on the pics. I rarely use this camera and Evy just happened to have it in her purse. :-[

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I am sure glad she did! I was sure hoping you would be able to find the ring and you did it with haste! incredible! Give Evy a huge hug for having the camera along! ;D

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Thanks Cyn. We will. BTW, what was shoved in my pocket was $100 bill. :thumbsup: Just about payed for the gas. LOL

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
STONEY!!!! :wav:

:icon_cheers:

How awesome is that!! Way to go! I know you made his day! :thumbsup: And knowing you, it made your day to find it for him! :)

Many congrats!!! Nana :)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stoney ,you rock brother!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id like to find an old sycle blade or two! ;D

But Jeff did by me something I found at Auldis! I have a PINK tool bag (yeah I know)
Anyway I found a PINK garden tool bag! ;D

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Great job Stoney!!!!!

Mastereagle found a nice ring tonight too. I don't want to steal his thunder....stay tuned. Congrats brother!!!

Baldingboy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Great job,Stoney.You know I had two guys,(whose initials are Stoney and ME) who said they would show me the tricks at the LBH with a DeLeon I have obtained,and I waited the whole hunt for them to ask if I was ready,oh well,some other time I guess.In the meantime they both will continue to find rings and more treasure,I guess.My DeLeon still hasn't been tried.(just kiddin',guys),now I will mope into the kitchen for another cup of coffee.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daddy Im sorry if I forgot if you"d asked about it! Maybe cause I got a cibola? :icon_scratch:
Next hunt I promise you get MY UNDIVIDED ATTENTION! any questions at all ??? well maybe any ::)

Love you! Evy :-*

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You da' Man Stoney!!! :icon_king: :icon_king: :icon_king: :thumbsup:
Great job on finding that ring. It's a great feeling isn't it?
Congrats on your honorable mention. Well deserved.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread