Returned ring and rough surf

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day started nice enough, the sun was out and I was on my way to the beach. I was meeting the owner of the class ring I found last Monday. She was glad to get her ring back, so glad in fact, she gave me 10 bucks :o That was at about 10:30 a.m. To the water, it was nice and warm and just a little choppy. Finds were few and far between. A quarter here, a quarter there, a penny at the water line. Nothing special. Just after lunch time, there were storm clouds just off the coast. I heard a little thunder, but never saw any lightning. The on-shore winds made the waves tough to deal with. That left me working ankle-deep water to the water line. I got to see a couple of dolphins just before I left.

Here's a couple pics of the class ring I returned.

Attachments

• 6-9-08 003.jpg
    6-9-08 003.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 673
  • 6-9-08 004.jpg
    6-9-08 004.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 690
  • 6-16-08.jpg
    6-16-08.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 766
  • 6-9-08 003.jpg
    6-9-08 003.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 663
  • 6-9-08 004.jpg
    6-9-08 004.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 677
OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the response JOe L. Yeah it was a good day all around. I was so surprised about the 10 bucks that it didn't even enter my mind to refuse the reward. She already had the money in her hand when she walked up to me. It was my second class ring returned in the last 10 months. The first one I mailed back to the owner and never heard any thing else from him.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the reward standpoint, I would say she was grateful, but I don't think it set in yet how fortunate she was to get her ring back. The way I look at it, 10 bucks is a lot cheaper than how much it would of cost to replace it. She's happy, I'm happy can't beat that.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
nice job Willie

I am sure she will remember you forever now :thumbsup:

2009 wow she hadn't lost it long huh seems like my class year gets farther and farther down lol

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bridge End Farm said:
nice job Willie

I am sure she will remember you forever now :thumbsup:

2009 wow she hadn't lost it long huh seems like my class year gets farther and farther down lol
Thanks Bridge End Farm. She lost the ring on Sunday, I found it on Monday. She got it back the following Monday. Pretty quick turnaround.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions