My Hunting partner makes big news!!!! CONGRATS MIKE IN PA !!!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Re: My Hunting partner makes big news!!!!

way to go :wav: thats why i like this site. it renews my faith in my fellow man. thank you.

nightwolf

Jul 8, 2008
Bureau County, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Wow! honorable deeds like that are a big part of what makes this hobby so great, job well done! I'd be willing to bet that turns in to a family story for her for years to come! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac

Congrats to Mike! Great find, and after another hunt, a great ending. I love these stories about old rings being found and returned.

Mike K in Va.

Jun 28, 2008
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & MXT E Series

Rob thanks for the Great story. and Mike for Pa. your my hero. People like mike make this hobby so Great. There are a lot of good people on this site. Thanks to everyone. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Marius

Jun 24, 2008
California
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 70

Fantastic story,he put a lot of work in to finding the right person ,way to go for all us young m.d's :thumbsup:
Txh for posting it

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANK YOU MIKE !

& CONGRATS !

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
That IS a great story, and good for our hobby. Thanks Mike!!!!

Ray

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's cool... My dads ring was returned the same way. Some dude found it in the mountains with a metal detector. Your Hunting partner should get Honorable Mention twice. Once for finding the ring and once for donating the reward. Good job, its hunters like this that will make our hobby more respected and excepted by the public. Also give us a good name so we can hunt places later in the future that we can't hunt now. I don't like the laws that keep us out of state parks and other areas. I would like to be looked at for recovery and restoration not distruction and vandalism. Earth will restore itself but relics and history will be lost forever. If we don't dig things up, :icon_scratch: with neat plugs of course. ;D

Keep @ it and HH!!

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Great story and beee-utiful ring. I like those old ones.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what it's all about. WTG!

Ken

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The REAL Treasure in this hobby is when we can return something with sentimental rather than monetary value.

Nice Story Great Job returning the ring! :thumbsup:

HH Jowe

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
that is something that you will remember forever.

you should send that story into Whites

mike in pa

May 6, 2007
stroudsburg pa
Detector(s) used
whites dfx/xlt
thanks guys for all the comments, it really does feel good to do some thing for someone that would have thought it could never happen to them.... Karen came back to town yesterday so we could meet again and get some copies of the paper to send to her family and friends,I had 30 copies that I got for free she took 15.. we met at the pocono mountain airport and when I got there I said that we are only 5-10 minutes away from where she lost the ring,so off we went..we got there and to our supprise there is my mom,dad, brother and his wife, the resort property has been bought for open space and made into a park it has a great view of the water gap you can see for miles once I get all the pictures from everyone I will post them. I would really like to thank rob for being there and posting this as I was too busy,and sniper,(craig) goalrush,(rick) for being there to see how much this meant to karen...you guys are the best,I always enjoy the hunts and camaraderie, the display of stuff that we put out really blew everyone away it was impressive...now on to other adventures....mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread