Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So Jed lost this ring July 27 at Bolsa Chica Beach while walking back to the car from surfing. He was putting it back on from his safety pouch when it dropped in the sand right at his feet. Immediately, he and a bunch of friends scattered all the sand around and never were able to locate the ring. Jed posted a sign at the location and I'm surprised nobody bothered to look.

Jed and his wife and little daughter picked me up at Sunset Beach (free parking ;D). He drove me the location and we got in without having to pay the $10 parking fee (really nice money collection gal). Jed outlined a 20 foot diameter circle in the sand and I started looking at about the 3 o'clock position. First signal was a bottle cap. Second signal was 40 on my Fisher F4. Scoop one missed it but scoop two GOT it! YES it was a white band. It took all of about 2 minutes and they were in shock and disbelief! (and actually I was a bit surprised myself). I tried to draw out the suspense and asked him to ID it. It was a perfect fit ... size 9. :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

Jed gave me a hug and had the largest smile. I had forgotten my camera and so they insisted on driving to their place to take photos. I tried a few times to refuse the reward but could see that they were so happy and really insisted on giving me a check .. for $60 (Sometimes you have to allow others to experience the JOY of giving .. I am sincere when I say that).

That's me with the California T-shirt (Floating on cloud NINE).

HH Joe

Attachments

• Ring.jpg
    Ring.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 867
  • Ring Found.jpg
    Ring Found.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 862

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Awesome story! Way to go!!!

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice story. That's so nice to see when one of us can help.

I'm still waiting to return a ring that I found around July 5th. We have traded emails, her teacher and I, but I am still waiting for her. I'm not looking for a reward, I just want to see her face when she gets back her ring.

Jed....that's almost my name.

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story Doc.

I long ago, in different situations, had come to the conclusion, that if someone won't accept
your first and second refusal, then just take the money, no big deal. Let someone else pick up the check, just drop a nice tip instead.

HH

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice band,

Even nicer that you found it for them.

HH Jer

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!!!! :thumbsup:

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
Amazing story...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread