Feb 3, 2005
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A First For Me....

Happy to say that I finally received that phone call from my local contact on Friday. The report was that the daughter of the soldier was so happy to hear of the military tag find, and that she could hardly wait to have it back in the family! :wink:
I got her phone number and called to see when I might return it, but got the answering service. :-\ Left my number with her and went on my way to hunt. Hunting at the newest site for a few minutes and the cell rings. It's her! She says she's on her way. Not five minutes later she and her husband pull up and we meet and greet and I hand her the tag. It was a thrill to see how happy that old tag made her. She must have already planned on paying me for it, as the next second she had her other hand coming at me with money in it. :D And you know, I couldn't even think of taking that money from her. I told her if I took it, I felt like it would take away from the sheer pleasure of my giving her the tag. The tag by the way was her Dad's, from the Korean war.

100_2043.jpg

Also..notice her husband there on the right...well...seems he's one of the hunters from the 70's - 80's era that I am hunting behind! :-X :D I told him, "Thanks, for leaving me a few bits of goodies to find!" :D They did offer some great info on sites that Lisa and I are going to look into a bit later. :thumbsup:

Nana :)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT! FANTASTIC! I bet you were beyond thrilled to see her face when you gave it to her!

Go ck out the leads she gave you no tellin what there is out there waiting on you to find I would bet a lot since one wondeful deed reaps bounty at some point!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, this is really great news! Yep, check out those other leads, may be some hidden treasures left to be found.

:wink: RR

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent job Nana.....Has to make you feel good inside!!!!! :thumbsup:

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
That is so awesome that you tracked down a family member! I am hoping to have similar luck with a tag I just found the other day!
WTG!
HH
Baggins

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
That deserves a big deposit in the Kharma bank!!! And I remember the days when all you used to find were bullets and nails......... I sure wish my finds would do an upgrade like yours have!!!!! Keep at it!

vicki

dirt diva

Jul 4, 2008
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
CZ 7 pro quick silver CZ 70 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shouldn't this be a honorable mention?A job well done :thumbsup:

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Nana, that's just tremendous! So good you got to return the tags. That must be an incredible feeling; maybe someday I'll be able to return something that dear to someone.

Ya did good, gal!

HH
Nan

L

lovedigging

Nana, Great finds and story. :thumbsup: I'm so glad you were able to return the military tag. You can tell by the look on her face it meant so much. You are a true sweetheart...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post Nana and nice job returning the ID tag! Any idea why it was where you found it? HH, Mike

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww! Thanks ya'll! :)

Bavaria Mike said:
Great post Nana and nice job returning the ID tag! Any idea why it was where you found it? HH, Mike

She said that they had lived in the old house when she was a little girl. :) Seems there were quite a few different families in the area that lived there over the years.

Nana :wink:

mxtswinger

Jul 27, 2006
Northeast KY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Fabulous story Nana. Bet you'll be getting directions to more old sites than you'll ever be able to hunt. Kudos!

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog Tags are really important. My mom has one of mine that she keeps with her at all times. I have my dad's who wore them in vietnam. Since he has passed away they mean even more to me. Good job!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
tpmrcp said:
Dog Tags are really important. My mom has one of mine that she keeps with her at all times. I have my dad's who wore them in vietnam. Since he has passed away they mean even more to me. Good job!!
Amen Brother!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread